The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm racking my brain here and can't recall a helicopter in the last two shows.

Great, now I'm going to have to re-watch them. ;)

I've been wondering about Morgan too, I'm thinking he will be watching the group and/or watching the termites (hunters). I have a feeling he's going to save someone from the group... Not Bob's leg though, and maybe help beat them down.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

It seemed an awful long time from when Bob may have been bit to the Bob-B-Q.

It seems like Bob has been bit a lot. Last time was "just on the bandage", and he was the only survivor for two groups prior to meeting Rick's group. He seems very immune in addition to being tasty.

Well, good call for those who thought that Bob had been bitten. I mean, before being dinner.
Good call for me: the Preacher is just a coward, and Daryl was chasing Beth. :)
On Talking Dead, they were discussing Gareth: Should he live, was it too gory a death, etc.
I was laughing out loud while he got his machete make-over.

Season one. That's the unexplained helicopter. There's the one from when they were at the farm. The one on the roof with all the zombies. The one that crashed and the governor killed the crew. That leaves the one from season one. It just flew by. Nothing ever became of it.

Well, good call for those who thought that Bob had been bitten. I mean, before being dinner.
Good call for me: the Preacher is just a coward, and Daryl was chasing Beth. :)
On Talking Dead, they were discussing Gareth: Should he live, was it too gory a death, etc.
I was laughing out loud while he got his machete make-over.

Tainted meat! Tainted meat!

I thought for a few seconds they weren't going to kill the remaining Termites. All that fanfare to do it. I would've just shot them all from cover. Those weren't the kind of people to screw around with.

I'm not a medical doctor, but if a guy's been bit (or at least had some really close calls and was the lone survivor of several groups wouldn't you wait till the first moan before you skewered his skull? Maybe they should be transfusimg his blood.

Last edited:
I really wanted to see how the whole "tainted meat" thing played out. Can't blame Rick for not trusting the Termites though.

I really wanted to see how the whole "tainted meat" thing played out.

I thought that was strange. They went to all the trouble to set it up. They gave us the clues about Bob getting bit, let us speculate all week about whether they would get infected by eating him, finally culminated in the tainted meat scene, and then no pay off. They just killed everyone.

Also, I know the horror genre is somewhat dependent on the stupidity of the characters to move the plots forward, but Abraham leaving half the group behind after he just talked them all into going with him because he can't wait a day or two for Daryl and Carol to get back? That was way too retarded for me to buy it.

I thought that was strange. They went to all the trouble to set it up. They gave us the clues about Bob getting bit, let us speculate all week about whether they would get infected by eating him, finally culminated in the tainted meat scene, and then no pay off. They just killed everyone.

Also, I know the horror genre is somewhat dependent on the stupidity of the characters to move the plots forward, but Abraham leaving half the group behind after he just talked them all into going with him because he can't wait a day or two for Daryl and Carol to get back? That was way too retarded for me to buy it.

Not to mention the threat that was around was eliminated (terminus people). Why not just wait a day or two and have the whole group stay together.

The tainted meat thing is a nod to the comics. The same thing more or less happened to a different character

This I agree with. I can't wrap my mind around why you would need to leave that minute!!

Oh well, still panning out to be a great season!!

Maybe it's the haircut, but Abraham doesn't strike me as very bright. And I still suspect that Eugene is a fraud. Abraham was a leader of his small group, maybe he just can't follow Rick.

I think the group splitting up is required based on how they have historically told the story. The group must split so the writers can get back into the usual rhythm of switching to Group B's story just when something interesting is going to happen with Group A. The split allows you to create more cliffhangers within an episode. It felt very artificial to me as I was watching. Overall, this season has been great so far.

I think the group splitting up is required based on how they have historically told the story. The group must split so the writers can get back into the usual rhythm of switching to Group B's story just when something interesting is going to happen with Group A. The split allows you to create more cliffhangers within an episode. It felt very artificial to me as I was watching. Overall, this season has been great so far.

Also so they could split up Maggie and Beth and do another person trying to find another person storyline. I agree with everyone, this season has been a good one, but the way they decided to go about splitting up the group seemed a little lazy.

They could have hobbled and bound one of the Termites for observation, I suppose. But that's risky where there's already enough risks. It would have been cool to see how that angle played out.

I too suspect Eugene as being a fraud. Something about last night's episode just shoved me in that direction. When he said he didnt want to go. Oh well, Im just glad Rick is kicking ass and taking names [cue "No More Mr. Nice Guy"]

I too suspect Eugene as being a fraud. Something about last night's episode just shoved me in that direction. When he said he didnt want to go. Oh well, Im just glad Rick is kicking ass and taking names [cue "No More Mr. Nice Guy"]

Definitely. Imagine if you were pretty smart but a bumbling idiot with guns and fighting, how could you prove your worth? Oh, I know, I have the cure but can't say what it is.

His best bet is they get to DC and its in ruins...oh well, I tried.

Abraham and Eugene are Dumb and Dumber (Southern version)

They could have hobbled and bound one of the Termites for observation, I suppose. But that's risky where there's already enough risks. It would have been cool to see how that angle played out.

If this would have been Rick of season 1-3, then maybe.

This season's Rick would be more likely to tie a termite up and leave him outside for walker food just to get even.

So what's going on with Beth? She is being experimented on by a still operational medical clinic or something?

So what's going on with Beth? She is being experimented on by a still operational medical clinic or something?

Who knows! It does look like an interesting new dimension for the show though. Some urban area and a little science would break it away from pure survival mode. I enjoyed the CDC episode in the first season, and I hope this tangent continues in that vein.

Who do you think is in the bushes with Darrel?

I think it's going to be Beth, and the next episode/s will be backtracking her story until Darrel and carol find her and something happens to carol.

Or the place Beth is at is the new enemy of the season like the governor and his town. I don't see how a road trip to Washington can fill a season. It's definitely going to develop some new twist.

I thought the same. But I don't think it's Carol, she would have come forward with Daryl. The "scenes from next week" had Daryl talking about Beth, so I doubt it's her. They did leave us to speculate.

Carol wouldn't hide in the bushes.

Beth wouldn't either.

It might be Morgan, but I don't think so. When he was revealed in the first episode, it looked as though some time had passed since Rick and the gang took out Terminus. The sign for Terminus had a lot of growth around it both on the sign and under it. It to me looked like a flash-forward scene. We will meet up with Morgan later. Quite a bit later.

My guess, Daryl and Carol found out where Beth is, tried to rescue her, something happened to Carol (hope I'm wrong), and Daryl either took a hostage (not likely, he was too nice asking them to come out) or rescued someone else from the place Beth is holed up.

My guess we have another new cast member.

the-walking-dead-season-5-an-unexpected-return-109222.jpg

finally getting around to viewing the Talking Dead from the first episode.

they showed a scene I don't recall from TWD, Morgan finding Rick's "No Sanctuary" sign. so maybe it is Morgan with Daryl.

not really "met" in the first episode, they were next-door neighbors before the apocalypse. they also ran into him sometime in season 3, he was holed up in an apartment above a store

Back