The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been away! Netflix kept me 1 season behind.

Roku came in the mail today........I will be caught up soon!!!! This is the future my friends. CABLE IS DEAD, it just doesn't know it.
it won't get back up.

The Roku box is awesome! We have the cheapest one though and have some issues with the wireless. Occasionally it cuts out after watching a show and we have to turn it off to reconnect. Other than that it's awesome! We have Netflix and Hulu plus.

You guys keep me in-the-know!

I had no idea The Walking Dead was good! I didn't know anything about Wet Shaving! Fantastic Homebrew recipes. Etc. I love it! Netflix streaming, Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, now Roku!!!!!!!!!

It never ends. ;)

I tried to get my wife to watch it, but it just happened to be the scene in the first season with the legless zombie crawling after Rick in the park. That pretty much sealed the deal for her not watching it.

Really? That may be what sealed the deal for me to watch it. When Rick comes back and says, "I'm sorry this has happened to you," still is one of my favorite scenes.

Speaking of favorites, my two favorite characters are still alive so I'm happy. Unfortunately, the last few episodes have been kind of precarious for them (Glen and Darryl), so who knows if that will remain the fact much longer...

Yup

downloadfile.jpeg

I have to agree on the Daryl thing. He is a character they just can't afford to kill. Glen is the same for me, but the producers maybe wouldn't see it that way.

The important thing is that the characters are NOT safe, even the important ones. It's like watching football. I mean soccer, not that gridiron crap. If the best player gets injured or leaves, you still have to watch, but it's just not the same any more. :(

If you watched the sneak peek/what to expect in the next part of the season online I'm pretty sure there was some footage of Daryl. Maybe I'm just making that up though. But it does appear as though no one is totally safe. I mean, it's not quite in Game of Thrones territory on that front but still, I think anyone could die at any moment.

passedpawn said:
I watched the first season and quit it. I guess I'm the only one that doesn't think this show is that good. I will admit that Daryl is very cool though (his brother was a jerk, I wonder if he shows up again). The girls were worth watching!

Give it another try, the 2nd and third seasons were much better than the first. The last half of the first season could be pretty hokey.

Give it another try, the 2nd and third seasons were much better than the first. The last half of the first season could be pretty hokey.

I just remembered the exact spot I quit at. Second season, first episode. The bad cop guy was having a little argument with the good cops wife. Someone else was overhearing the conversation and picking up on the fact that there was some adulterous stuff going on. Whole thing felt like a soap opera. Yech. Anyway, I've got the 1st season of Game of Thrones queued up now.

Anyway, I've got the 1st season of Game of Thrones queued up now.

Well, if you got that going you don't need anything else until you're done with season two then. I honestly didn't think I would like GoT that much but man is it good. And if you are anything like me you won't be able to stop, I power read through all of the available books as soon as season two ended.

As for the Walking Dead, it can be a bit cheesy but I think it really picks up the further it goes along. It's really identified what it is and does it well. That said, it can be kind of cheesy, and in all honesty the writing is kind of bad at times but for the most part I think the acting is good, special effects are good and like any TV the more attached you get to the characters the more you want to watch it.

I just remembered the exact spot I quit at. Second season, first episode. The bad cop guy was having a little argument with the good cops wife. Someone else was overhearing the conversation and picking up on the fact that there was some adulterous stuff going on. Whole thing felt like a soap opera. Yech. Anyway, I've got the 1st season of Game of Thrones queued up now.

The first half of the 2nd season is probably the weakest. I assure you that the soap opera stuff DOES stop!

I have to agree on the Daryl thing. He is a character they just can't afford to kill. Glen is the same for me, but the producers maybe wouldn't see it that way.

The important thing is that the characters are NOT safe, even the important ones. It's like watching football. I mean soccer, not that gridiron crap. If the best player gets injured or leaves, you still have to watch, but it's just not the same any more. :(

Bah. "If Darryl dies, we riot". I like that. I think maybe somebody should start an online petition to boycott the show for so many episodes if Darryl dies! Still have to watch? **** that!

I'm not sure how I'd deal with Glen dying. With all the new characters being introduced, he's probably more at risk, but it'd be a shame to drop such a developed character that I'm sure many of the show's viewers relate to - and it's that last part that makes me feel somewhat comfortable to say that the producers would have a harder time justifying killing him than just about any other character.

Knowing what I know now, I'd watch like 2, maybe 3 episodes of the 2nd season, then start the third if I hadn't seen them yet.

I dunno. That last walker coming out of the barn was an awesome moment for me, though it wouldn't have been if I had skipped the admittedly tedious part of the 2nd season. And the last two episodes are must-watches IMO.

Airborneguy said:
Knowing what I know now, I'd watch like 2, maybe 3 episodes of the 2nd season, then start the third if I hadn't seen them yet.

This is what I did. I watched all of season 1, but don't get amc so I missed season 2. Got caught up at my friends house the day 3 premiered. He picked and chose a few select episodes from 2 and explained what I missed. Season 2 wasn't great, too drawn out for me. 3 has been much better IMO

I dunno. That last walker coming out of the barn was an awesome moment for me, though it wouldn't have been if I had skipped the admittedly tedious part of the 2nd season. And the last two episodes are must-watches IMO.

You're right, maybe a couple more. But I can't see myself watching the whole season again knowing what I know now.

As for the rumored deaths, as much as I've enjoyed the fact that this show will kill important characters, they are down to a core that is hardened and experienced, and I also believe that it's time to start showing us what the hell happened to get things this way. My point is that once they conflict with the town is over, I'd like to see the remaining members of the group start to figure out what's going on, and hopefully survive. So maybe 1 more character dies cleaning up the mess with the governor?

I'm not sure how I'd deal with Glen dying. With all the new characters being introduced, he's probably more at risk, but it'd be a shame to drop such a developed character that I'm sure many of the show's viewers relate to - and it's that last part that makes me feel somewhat comfortable to say that the producers would have a harder time justifying killing him than just about any other character.

I think Glen is too developed, too. There are two types of fictional heroes; there's the hero who seeks adventure and the hero who is thrust into it. Glen didn't have a choice, he initially survived by sneaking around Atlanta and hiding out in safe buildings. It wasn't until Rick started asking/giving him responsibility that Glen became much more of a predator, so to speak. Everyone changed since Rick took charge, but I'd say Glen's change is most dramatic.

You're right, maybe a couple more. But I can't see myself watching the whole season again knowing what I know now.

As for the rumored deaths, as much as I've enjoyed the fact that this show will kill important characters, they are down to a core that is hardened and experienced, and I also believe that it's time to start showing us what the hell happened to get things this way. My point is that once they conflict with the town is over, I'd like to see the remaining members of the group start to figure out what's going on, and hopefully survive. So maybe 1 more character dies cleaning up the mess with the governor?

A few episodes of season 3 have either felt like filler or had filler in them. I hope they can get back to the way the season premiere was: packed with both action and story. I wanna see the conflict happen and be over with and then some sh¡t with the apocolypse come to light. I'm okay with the show taking some time for stuff to build, as long as it isn't being built to lose wind to some side-story bullh¡t like what happened with Rick, Shane, Andrea, and Lori in season 2.

I think Glen is too developed, too. There are two types of fictional heroes; there's the hero who seeks adventure and the hero who is thrust into it. Glen didn't have a choice, he initially survived by sneaking around Atlanta and hiding out in safe buildings. It wasn't until Rick started asking/giving him responsibility that Glen became much more of a predator, so to speak. Everyone changed since Rick took charge, but I'd say Glen's change is most dramatic.

Ha, too true. One of the best moments was when he was being all timid with Maggie some time after first nailing her, and then all of a sudden, in a brief burst of confidence-bordering-on-cockiness, leans over her with a smile and says, "but you're thinking about it." I think that might have been the first glimpse of his transformation as you described it.

One of many reasons I wouldn't recommend anybody skip any part of season two if they haven't seen it before. If I were to rewatch the series I might skip past some scenes or even episodes, but it should still be watched at least once IMO.

Has anyone played The Walking Dead by Telltale Games? It looks really interesting, a friend of mine writes a blog for video game reviews and I'm thinking I need to buy it next time it's on sale on Steam.

Has anyone played The Walking Dead by Telltale Games? It looks really interesting, a friend of mine writes a blog for video game reviews and I'm thinking I need to buy it next time it's on sale on Steam.

I haven't, but it has been getting pretty much universal praise from critics and is supposed to be a new benchmark for storytelling in games. Being a fan of the Monkey Island series (and the gameplay supposedly being similar), there's no doubt I'll play it eventually.

Yep, there was some sort of disagreement over where the show was headed, so Mazzara will be replaced.

This will be the third one. Let's hope season 4 will bring something exciting. Although we still don't know how season 3 will end.

I haven't, but it has been getting pretty much universal praise from critics and is supposed to be a new benchmark for storytelling in games. Being a fan of the Monkey Island series (and the gameplay supposedly being similar), there's no doubt I'll play it eventually.

I finally bit the bullet and bought The Walking Dead during this round of Steam sales as it was 50% off and I got tired of wonder if it was any good. Also, I just finished up another game that I bought, so I'll probably start TWD next. It's going to be a new game style for me, if my understanding of the game is correct. I'll post my thoughts once I've installed and played it some.

I think my father bought it, maybe I'll borrow it when he's done. I haven't played a new video game in years, literally. I still play Sega Master System and a few old computer games. ;)

I finally bit the bullet and bought The Walking Dead during this round of Steam sales as it was 50% off and I got tired of wonder if it was any good. Also, I just finished up another game that I bought, so I'll probably start TWD next. It's going to be a new game style for me, if my understanding of the game is correct. I'll post my thoughts once I've installed and played it some.

I installed the steam mobile app and spent more money than I can justify lmao. I thought about TWD but maybe next time its on sale. In the meantime I bought everything GTA on PC so its time to kill some strippers!

I bought the Steam TWD game last night and played the first round. So far, I like it.

It's very well done and they've done a good job of capturing the mood of The Walking Dead universe. I'm a little disappointed in the amount of interaction - for the most part you are watching the game as opposed to playing the game. But it's fun.

I got the 360 version while it was free on xbl, and love it... but might wait to buy the 2nd-5th episodes, got back into assassin's creed

It's 50% off ($12.49) on Steam right now. For most of the past week it was only 25% off, so I'm glad I waited. :ban:

Here we go...

Season resumes on Sunday. What are you all envisioning for the second half?
Dead Andrea?
Dead Gov?
Dead Rick?
Dead Daryl??
Zombie T-Dawg?

Back