The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt mind it because i was wondering when the one hand band was coming back, but yea it kind of dragged on but the dark side of the colony i think will be great later in the season.

The prisoners said 292 days if I remember correctly, so yeah right about 10 months.

Speaking of timing, I felt like they messed up time tracking right from the get-go. Rick started off in a hospital bed. How long could he have possibly survived with no one attending to him? Any IV would have run out in hours, at which point he'd need water in no more than a few days. So lets say he sat there for three days before he woke up. From the time he woke until he linked up with the group, only a few more days passed, maybe a week. Let's go on a big limb and say 2 weeks.

Now, you're telling me it only took Lori maybe 3 weeks total to go from mourning a husband who had been shot and then probably killed by zombies, to face-down ass-up sex in a tent in the middle of the day with his best friend and partner? This is why I've hated her from the get go.

But, as someone who knows from experience the bond between cops when they work as partners, maybe I just 'get' it more than everyone else, who knows. ;)

Reminds me of Ludacris.
I agree with this wonderment too. They made it seem like he was in the hospital for months... Whatever.

I'm SURE this has also been mentioned but 80 pages is a metric funk ton of pages to deal with so feel free to riddle me this Batman>>

How does the whole bite/scratch thing work and not the "I just offed more zombies in the last 4 minutes than probably humanly possible and on top of that, like 90% of their "brain-juice/face-blood" got in, on, or around my mouth, eyes, or rectum! But I ain't turnin' zombie BLEAAATCH!!!"

Am I just stuck on rage virus and 28 days later stuff or shouldn't the sheer amount of zombie-juice they get on them have some effects?

Brewcrew02 said:
Reminds me of Ludacris.
I agree with this wonderment too. They made it seem like he was in the hospital for months... Whatever.

I'm SURE this has also been mentioned but 80 pages is a metric funk ton of pages to deal with so feel free to riddle me this Batman>>

How does the whole bite/scratch thing work and not the "I just offed more zombies in the last 4 minutes than probably humanly possible and on top of that, like 90% of their "brain-juice/face-blood" got in, on, or around my mouth, eyes, or rectum! But I ain't turnin' zombie BLEAAATCH!!!"

Am I just stuck on rage virus and 28 days later stuff or shouldn't the sheer amount of zombie-juice they get on them have some effects?

I think the same thing. They need be careful with that!

I think the offical answer is that they already have the virus but that they need to die to convert. Although I am no sure how the simple bit comes in...I'm confused

My guess is it lies dormant until skin is broken to cause infection. But that doesn't make much sense because if someone scrapes a knee away from zombies, they could turn into a zombie. The whole space between a dormant infection and a zombie bite confuse me because of that.

In The Walking Dead, the bite or scratch don't actually transfer the zombie virus. Everyone already has it, the bite or scratch just gives you a very bad "normal" infection that kills you. You then come back due to the virus you were already carrying.

I guess ingestion of bits or drops in your eyes doesn't make you sick enough to kill you.

In The Walking Dead, the bite or scratch don't actually transfer the zombie virus. Everyone already has it, the bite or scratch just gives you a very bad "normal" infection that kills you. You then come back due to the virus you were already carrying.

I guess ingestion of bits or drops in your eyes doesn't make you sick enough to kill you.

I guess I just don't really understand why a zombie bite or scratch kills so much faster than anything else. Unless you wanna just peg it on extreme bacterial infection.

dudius said:
I guess I just don't really understand why a zombie bite or scratch kills so much faster than anything else. Unless you wanna just peg it on extreme bacterial infection.

That's it basically.

Because the virus dies in the open air, it would then die in transit to your mouth? And it probably has an ideal temp range where it tops out at like 140* or so... So, cooking the meat would probably kill the virus, right?

alpha224 said:
Because the virus dies in the open air, it would then die in transit to your mouth? And it probably has an ideal temp range where it tops out at like 140* or so... So, cooking the meat would probably kill the virus, right?

This reminds me if brewing

So when youre sitting on your lazyboy, drinking whiskey and looking at your fishtank wall full of zombie heads you have to ask "how did I get HERE?"

seems like a little late in the game to introduce such an extreme plot twist. BUT I trust AMC to perfectly justify such an episode. This ain't Lost. Refreshung to see some human on human death. But yeah that episode sucked. They kind of over rate the importance of blond chick and angry dread zombie slave owner

I gathered as much and just loosely went with the Solanum thing, but it's still wonky how bite/scratch turns you even though everyone has it. That must be a wicked killer initial infection! Enough about that, it's all fantasy so none of how it works should really bother us. Just make believe.... OR IS IT?!?!?!?! :confused:

About the fish tanks, I dont think they werent all zombies. One of the heads was the pilot, who never turned, he was just killed. I'm guessing he was killed by decapitation

So when youre sitting on your lazyboy, drinking whiskey and looking at your fishtank wall full of zombie heads you have to ask "how did I get HERE?"

seems like a little late in the game to introduce such an extreme plot twist. BUT I trust AMC to perfectly justify such an episode. This ain't Lost. Refreshung to see some human on human death. But yeah that episode sucked. They kind of over rate the importance of blond chick and angry dread zombie slave owner

It is clear from your comments that you have not read the comics. Michonne and the camp are big parts of the story.

About the fish tanks, I dont think they werent all zombies. One of the heads was the pilot, who never turned, he was just killed. I'm guessing he was killed by decapitation

Yeah, but everyone turns when they die (which he did) and the only way to stop is zombie is to destroy it's brain (which his wasn't).

I gathered as much and just loosely went with the Solanum thing, but it's still wonky how bite/scratch turns you even though everyone has it. That must be a wicked killer initial infection! Enough about that, it's all fantasy so none of how it works should really bother us. Just make believe.... OR IS IT?!?!?!?! :confused:

Well, cholera can kill in a matter of hours. It doesn't seem too farfetched that some bacteria that's been hanging out on a rotting corpse for months could do some serious damage if it got directly into your blood stream.

Reno_eNVy said:
Well, cholera can kill in a matter of hours. It doesn't seem too farfetched that some bacteria that's been hanging out on a rotting corpse for months could do some serious damage if it got directly into your blood stream.

Aaahhhh! Cholera zombies!! ZOMBLERA!!!!

Brewcrew02 said:

Well, it isn't that far fetched. For example: Mononucleosis, aka Mono, can be passed on congenitally and remains largely dormant in the body for a very long time...sometimes, the subject's entire life. That is, until something in the body triggers it such as a sudden drop in the activity of the immune system.

So, the zombie virus in question acting in this manner doesn't seem like a deal-breaker.

alpha224 said:
Well, it isn't that far fetched. For example: Mononucleosis, aka Mono, can be passed on congenitally and remains largely dormant in the body for a very long time...sometimes, the subject's entire life. That is, until something in the body triggers it such as a sudden drop in the activity of the immune system.

So, the zombie virus in question acting in this manner doesn't seem like a deal-breaker.

So being bitteb/scratched causes a trigger, therefore ingestion is ok?

tom_gamer said:
So being bitten/scratched causes a trigger, therefore ingestion is ok?

I'm a homebrewer, damnit, not a viral pathologist!

Also, I fixed your typo.

MalFet said:
Thank god! How else could we possibly have understood him? In a zombie apocalypse, I'd vote to save you for your editing skills. ;)

They will be key to sending out SOS messages.

I wanted to see if the baby looked like it is Shane's but I guess we will have to wait. Happy to see Lori go though to be fair she was more likeable this season than ever and now she's gone. T-Dog I'm sad to see go because he was helpful to the group and he seemed to always try and take the moral high road but unlike Rick he didn't give people TOO much room for backstabbing. The silver lining is that we don't have to see some BS between T-Dog and Merle.

I hate you all for spoiling the good news in the first line of your posts before I had a chance to see the episode!

Now that that's been said, zombie kill of the week goes to Glenn with the machete to the head de-skull-capitation.

I have a feeling that Carl didn't shoot Lori and she is a walker now and rick is going to hold her in a cell..

tally350z said:
I have a feeling that Carl didn't shoot Lori and she is a walker now and rick is going to hold her in a cell..

That'd be something but I'm guessing Carl killed her. Poor kid, saw his mom's downstairs, helped bring in the child that will take attention away from him causing him to go through a Goth phase in his teen years, AND he had to cap his mom. Poor, poor kid.

Latest posts

Back