The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally Rick is man'ing up. To the group: knowing your a carrier affects nothing, they shouldn't be mad except for just wanting to know. For all Rick has done they are pretty ungrateful.

Also Lori continues her Whore streak. Can you get a divorce in the apocalypse?

Carl still needs to be pistol whipped.

Excited for creepy samurai girl and the prison. Season 3 should be good.

Diaperload said:
The Talking Dead just announced that Mishon will be played by a black actress (forgot her name though).

Saw that last night, she's an actress from the show "Treme".

Yup, they whispered in our ear, told us how much they loved us, while working in the vaseline, then they bent us over and had their way with us.

And of course we loved it. They gave us all that we'd ask for and more, zombies up the wazoo, lots of action, getting them out of the farm, anxiety, fear, and NO SOAP OPERA.

Plus a shot of the prison and a sword wielding badass with two armless zombie slaves.

So of course we're going back to the guy that beat us up....we're gonna wait with breathless anticipation for the new episodes...

Just remember come episode two when 90% of it is the Rick and Lori relationship show or Glenn is whining about how emasculated he's becoming now that he's getting some, and we're bitching how BOOOOOOOORRRRRRING the show is, how consistantly manipulated we've been.

And yeah I thought it was a kick ass episode.

It really was a pretty stellar episode. BTW, family member by marriage has proudly proclaimed that she misses Shane as a character. I have a close eye on that one, expecting bad things in the future suddenly.

I kept thinking "why don't they save ammo and just run over all of the zombies?"

Too much special effects needed, too little excitement, too easy, too much sense.

would have been easier than mowing the grass.

Not to mention he must have had slugs in that there shottie, seeing as how zombies had nice little round holes in their heads rather than losing giant chunks of head matter.
Did you notice that Hershel was blasting away with his shotgun and never re-loaded?

Did you notice that Hershel was blasting away with his shotgun and never re-loaded?

Yeah, HUGE oversight. Very distracting. Not like he just shot 15 without reloading, he shot like 40 without re-loading.

Not to mention he must have had slugs in that there shottie, seeing as how zombies had nice little round holes in their heads rather than losing giant chunks of head matter.

Yeah, that was a tight spread allright.

Herschell had the most sense of the shooters though, sure it helped that he had a magic shotgun, but the others were doing doughnuts and blasting out the window......WHY GOD????WHY???!?!?!??!? To impress the zombies?

and 6 adults can't fit into a mid-size SUV?????? HUGE BS I SAY!!!!!!

WHAT??? they don't have seat belts in the far back to keep everybody safe? They were all born without laps? That was the stupidest thing this season IMHO.

Also Lori continues her Whore streak. Can you get a divorce in the apocalypse?

As long as you have bullets left you can...

Good ending, hopefully it redeems the series. I found it funny that when Glen and his girl were sitting in the car with zombies all over them, he was screaming "Get off the farm!" Not "Go!" or "Drive!", but "Get off the farm!" We've been screaming that at the TV all season!!! It's like they threw the disappointed fans a little bone.

I was slightly disappointed by how easily they all met up. Although the location was obvious and believable, it was just too convenient that the rest of them popped up all together when Rick was about to leave. They could have done some good stuff with that situation. Loss of communication is a very real threat it bad situations, and should have been more realistically dealt with.

I'm considering reading the comics in the off-season so that when, like Revvy said, they return to the stupid stuff after the first episode of Season 3, at least I'll know what to look forward to. It really seems like those who read the comics are enjoying it much more.

Yeah, season finale was extra badass. Armless, jawless zombie-enslaving ninja girl? Bring it on! I was wondering if they were ever going to have a character that knows how to survive (and apparently thrive) in the zombie apocalypse. Throughout the entire show I've been pointing out bad moves and referencing The Zombie Survival Guide :D

And to everybody who was bored by midseason -- it's understandable. But here's why this season was so slow:

1) The first season was intended to be it... mini-series and they're done. However they didn't expect it to be so popular

2) Despite the popularity, the bigwigs still didn't have a ton of faith in how popular it could really be.

3) The people in charge of making the series were given a season twice as long.... but half the budget of the first season.

I knew this information before the season even started and to be honest, I think they did incredibly well considering...

You can fit 3 shells in a pump without a plug, and without maybe 7 or 8. Depends on the model but Im pretty sure Herschel never reloaded. Now you can always say that when they cut away from him he did but Im pretty sure in that one scene where he almost got chomped that he shot more than 8 times.

Oh well, its just a TV show. Not really sure why I am discussing fire arm inaccuracies when the show is based on zombies...

Even armless zombies would lunge at you mouth first. I thought that was actually pretty dumb. They would need to be muzzled.

I'm much more forgiving of the no-reloading magic guns most shows/movie have than I am of the ridiculously untrained shooters popping off head shot after head shot from moving vehicles (or even flat on their feet at moving targets)! I've been professionally training with all kinds of firearms regularly since I was 19, and I wouldn't have anywhere near the head shot ratio of any of those characters!

You can fit 3 shells in a pump without a plug, and without maybe 7 or 8. Depends on the model but Im pretty sure Herschel never reloaded. Now you can always say that when they cut away from him he did but Im pretty sure in that one scene where he almost got chomped that he shot more than 8 times.

Oh well, its just a TV show. Not really sure why I am discussing fire arm inaccuracies when the show is based on zombies...

I was watching it with my 14 year old and was commenting on the "magic shotgun" and the guys hitting zombies with every shot from moving vehicles and my son said "Dad. **sigh** It's a zombie show".

Kind of put it in perspective. Ha!

I'm much more forgiving of the no-reloading magic guns most shows/movie have than I am of the ridiculously untrained shooters popping off head shot after head shot from moving vehicles (or even flat on their feet at moving targets)! I've been professionally training with all kinds of firearms regularly since I was 19, and I wouldn't have anywhere near the head shot ratio of any of those characters!

I'm with you on this. It is something that has bothered me about this show from the very beginning.

I had most of the same gripes as everyone else regarding last night's episode (perfect head shots--every shot--from moving vehicles, Herschel's bottomless shotgun, the strangely well-timed meet-up at the highway, Lori being...Lori), but I enjoyed the fact that last night's episode seemed to contain the entire season's allotment of zombie-killing action. I'm also excited at the potential of the ninja-chick and the prison.

As predicted, they provided enough of a fix to keep me hooked. See you guys for Season 3. :mug:

The episode was great. I liked how they started the episode in the city and did the whole butterfly effect that lead the Walkers to the farm. The scene with Herschel's bottomless shotgun reminded me of the movie Hot Shots. Charlie Sheen was on the little piece of boat unloading on the enemy with his machine gun. I am happy to see that Rick grew a pair and told everyone how it is. I will have to say that the prision does not look like a happy place, and the mystery person walking the Walkers was awesome. I am done with Lori she needs a gentle face hating. I believe she was the one that told Rick that he needed to deal with Shane, know she is butt hurt that he did. I really hope that they leave the whole soap opera thing on the road.

See you guys for season 3.

Loved that last episode and I like how it was nod to the comic book fans...

And man does Lori suck

Just re-watched episode 1 (wife picked the show up mid season two)...

You should see how many shots it took to put down the three people in the car that shot Rick. Trained cops standing still shooting a stationary target.

Just re-watched episode 1 (wife picked the show up mid season two)...

You should see how many shots it took to put down the three people in the car that shot Rick. Trained cops standing still shooting a stationary target.
Good thing that by the end of the second season, every character is able to shoot one-handed from a moving vehicle with nearly perfect accuracy.

You guys are too funny. You're actually critiquing the accuracy of a zombie tv show that's based on a graphic comic book. It's a work of fiction that's based on comic books.

usfmikeb said:
You guys are too funny. You're actually critiquing the accuracy of a zombie tv show that's based on a graphic comic book. It's a work of fiction that's based on comic books.

That's really beside the point...

Every work of fiction requires a certain amount of suspension of belief in order to set up the world the characters live in. In this one, people reanimate as zombies so as far as the walking dead is concerned, that's realistic.

If it were explained that being a carrier of the zombie virus granted one the accuracy power of Hawkeye then there wouldn't be an issue but so far no one has super powers so, in this universe, their crazy awesome accuracy is annoying, especially compared to how situational it is. We're only commenting on it because it is so painfully ridiculous that it's jarring and pulls you out of the show.

Honestly, Mike does bring up a good point. My wife sometimes brings up the same point when I get real nit-picky. But rifraf explains it perfectly. When watching fantasy or sci-fi movies or TV, there's certain things that are assumed depending on the "world" of the story. Beyond those factors, certain things should be consistent to make it "believeable". In Battlestar Galactica, I could never get over the fact that the weapons all fired bullets or missiles. I had no problem with jump drives, because in their world, they had them, but crazy-technological starfighters firing bullets? Not believeable.

Zombies exist in their world, that's the basis of the story. But it's assumed that most other aspects of their world are the same as ours. So magic shotguns and regular people who shoot better than Navy Seals are not believeable.

Even with the big mag shotgun and all the head shots I still loved it!

One thing you guy's haven't mentioned is the helicopter that ran those zombies out of the city! Who's in it and were did it come from?????

I think you're just supposed to know that he was reloading...In television, just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The accuracy bugs the S out of me too.

One thing you guy's haven't mentioned is the helicopter that ran those zombies out of the city! Who's in it and were did it come from?????

You'll see...You'll. ALL see! Muwahahahaha...sorry. lol

dgremark said:

True. It is like they were hurding the zombies toward something. Maybe the ominous prison?!?

I'm still not sure how I feel about the hooded ninja chick though. She's totally bad ass don't get me wrong but maybe a bit out of place. She seems more mad max or resident evil than walking dead to me...

True. It is like they were hurding the zombies toward something. Maybe the ominous prison?!?

I'm still not sure how I feel about the hooded ninja chick though. She's totally bad ass don't get me wrong but maybe a bit out of place. She seems more mad max or resident evil than walking dead to me...

AND ARMLESS ZOMBIES WOULD NOT JUST STAND THERE.

As long as they have mouths, they will lunge at you.

I like bad ass wierd ****, but if this gets all LOST on me I will bail.

cheezydemon3 said:

SPOILER-ESQUE:

The zombies don't have lower jaws, so they can't bite. In the comics, if you spend enough time around the same zombie it eventually becomes acclimated to you and stops trying to attack.

Are my posts in this thread going unnoticed? Seriously....

Even armless zombies would lunge at you mouth first. I thought that was actually pretty dumb. They would need to be muzzled.

They had their mandibles removed.

Reno_eNVy said:
Are my posts in this thread going unnoticed? Seriously....

Apparently.

I figured since she was with them for some time they stopped trying to eat her.

Back