The Title Says Introductions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGTEX

Reaction score
The name's Big Tex - I'm sure you figured that out. There's my introduction.

Well, I've been lurking on this forum long enough and I've found all kinds of info on here, so I decided to officially sign up and join the cool kids. I've been brewing for a little while now, but I'm starting to pick up my game. I'm currently on the back end of a 12-month deployment and I plan on making a few more batches when I get back and before I PCS to my next location. I'm looking to upgrade to a real 5-gallon kit and I've been doing some research on all kinds of websites. I'm sure you all have your loyalties to your online companies, but what are some of your favorite sites to get your equipment? Right now, I'm running a Frankensteined setup with 2x Mr. Beer fermentors that puts out close to a 5 gallon batch, but I want to get a single fermentor to reduce all the potential problems that come with splitting up the wort. So here's the never-ending question: Carboy or bucket? I also want to run a couple of full boils (instead of topping off the fermentor) a couple times before I get my feet wet with all-grain. Any good recommendations out there for boil kettles? Not looking for anything incredibly expensive, but good quality nonetheless.

I look forward to getting involved in this forum - and returning home so I can brew some damn beer!

Cheers!

BIG TEX
:mug:

Jeremy at apexbrewwares.com hands down. Nobody can beat that guy, his shipping is dirt cheap, and customer service at his level is unheard of. I have got all my stuff from him since the first time I contacted him and he beat out other companies saving me a little over $100.00.

When I started my brewery I kept ordering from him, and I can't recommend that company enough. If you don't see it on his website call or email him, I have never found an item he couldn't get me and it's always cheaper then the competition.

Awesome! Thanks for the reference - I will definitely give it a look. If I go through him, I'll make sure you get the props!

Also, check out MoreBeer. Pretty hard to beat. They don't have a shipping club.. but, great prices on everything else.

Thanks for your service. My son has been to the desert three times.. Glad he's safely "home" in Germany for a while.

Welcome to the forum and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE! Just back from KAF myself (contract work), man I sure do miss that pooh pond smell!, not.

Also, check out MoreBeer. Pretty hard to beat. They don't have a shipping club.. but, great prices on everything else.

Thanks for your service. My son has been to the desert three times.. Glad he's safely "home" in Germany for a while.

You don't have to join Apex's s/h club to get the low shipping.

@OP: I don't get anything for referring him, but I do liek him to know I'mloyal so ty!

Back