The strangest beers in America

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted by that Ghost Face Killah beer. I'm actually a big fan of the rapper, and although there is no association, it's still pretty cool.

I'm tempted by that Ghost Face Killah beer. I'm actually a big fan of the rapper, and although there is no association, it's still pretty cool.

I've had this one. It's not bad, but the ghost pepper is pretty overpowering so you can't really taste a whole lot of the rest of the beer. Probably better suited for slow cooking or marinating a chicken or pork shoulder in, than for drinking. I must say I very much prefer their other chili beer, Billie's Chilis.

I've also had the Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout and Noble Rot. Both were quite tasty. RMOS tasted like a really good stout, and Noble Rot tasted a bit like a spicy white-ish wine. Now, to track down the other 5 on the list....

The Ghost Face Killah was worth trying. My sad and I split one. Not as hot as I thought it would be but it will wreck your taste buds for the night.

First time I had ghost face killah I took a whiff of it first it go too lose and it shot up my nose.......that wasn't a pleasant feeling having a ghost pepper burning your nostrils for hours.

It was a good beer overall though, if your taste buds don't burn off first.

I don't feel like the spruce tip beer is that odd, a bunch of other breweries have something along those lines, but rocky mtn oysters...

The RMOS isn't as oyster-y as I hoped it would be. It's a good stout, and it worked well with the steak I had for dinner that evening, but I wanted oysters, and I didn't get oysters.

I have a ghost face killah I my fridge right now im wait for the right moment to try this one.

The RMOS isn't as oyster-y as I hoped it would be. It's a good stout, and it worked well with the steak I had for dinner that evening, but I wanted oysters, and I didn't get oysters.

Seeing as Rocky Mountain Oysters are calf testicles, I am not surprised it wasn't oystery.

Back