The San Diego area thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And as expected jester king is the only location in TX:( Last one I went to was 2015 it was the wild stout year.

The Bagby Zwanze events I attended were super fun, but a lot of it was sharing bottles with friends at our table. When they jacked the price in 2018, we decided to just have our own Zwanze every year, sharing bottles with friends at home and making some kind of Belgian dish, and haven't looked back.

I stopped going in 2018, got in to it with them on Twitter over it. Just absurd pricing. I searched my email... my first Zwanze in 2013 was 25 bucks.
That was an EXTREMELY entertaining thread🤣 It also showcased how most of these small breweries tend to not be very good at business. Not knocking bagby just how tone deaf their replies were in that instance.

That was an EXTREMELY entertaining thread🤣 It also showcased how most of these small breweries tend to not be very good at business. Not knocking bagby just how tone deaf their replies were in that instance.
They just didn't "get" it. 200% increase in price over 6 years seemed fine for them.

Isn’t that the case for the majority of today’s beer scene in general? For me last year was more supporting local to me spots with core beers that I enjoy drinking on a regular basis and not worrying about limited releases. And now that I’m in TX I’ve gone to exclusively shelfies from local breweries. With no interest in hunting or shipping things. That said if someone wants to send some ponto or KS Mosaic I wouldn’t say no;) k thnx:p

Holy ****, I didn't realize I'm like right next to Santee. Home of "Freddy Loves You" and evilc right?
7e1n7v.jpg

bought a 6 pack of “hazy” sculpin IPA, hated it. It was like they combined the worst aspects of a west coast ipa with a NEIPA. It was this dark lightly hazy bitter beer that lacked the soft mouthfeel and juiciness of a typical hazy ipa. Seems like everyone wants to slap hazy on their product but they don’t want to spend the money to make a proper hazy ipa.

Back