The results are in.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B33R

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My first beer is finally ready to drink. So i opened up pour and enjoy the wonderful color. Poured very little to no head at all. Decent carbonation to it. Has some hop bite to it due to me not doing a good job keeping everything out of the fermenter. Considering i accidentally crushed my auto siphon before i could use it i had to improvise. Beside that being the only thing going wrong on my first batch ever i can't complain. I'm very happy with the result and found my beer very enjoyable. The hop bite actually added some interesting character to the beer.
P1070228.jpg

This was an American Amber.
Can't wait to try my nut brown ale i have fermenting right now. I have some time before i bottle that so i'm going to brew a Oatmeal Stout in the mean time.

The hop bite will mellow with age, and the head and carbonation will improve as well. Build up that pipeline and you can never drink a green beer again, congrats.

congratulations! pretty soon you'll be wondering if you're even able to think about anything else other than making beer...

Congrats!!! Put some away in the fridge for a couple of weeks and see if it improves your head, it does for me. The chill haze proteins settle out and you get a much nicer tighter beaded carbonation and moussy head.

I see you got some Tre Phi in the background of your pick. That stuff used to be the bane of my existence back in my crazier bar days. :drunk:

Back