The Rare Beer Bubble. When will it pop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will the bubble pop?

• Within a few months

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Within the next year

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Within two years

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • Over two years

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • Never. A bubble does not exist in the beer market

Votes: 51 40.5%

• Total voters
Hoping to get into Silicon Valley executive-level newmoney within a few years so I can gripe about butlers who don't do their jerbs properly.

JEEVES HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I ****ING TOLD YOUR WORTHLESS BRITISH ASS, PRINGLES GO TO THE LEFT OF THE DAVE AND BELOW THE $1800 SHELF BOURBON.

IT'S LIKE I'M PAYING YOU TO **** UP. BE BETTER!!!!!!

JEEVES HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I ****ING TOLD YOUR WORTHLESS BRITISH ASS, PRINGLES GO TO THE LEFT OF THE DAVE AND BELOW THE $1800 SHELF BOURBON.

IT'S LIKE I'M PAYING YOU TO **** UP. BE BETTER!!!!!!
tumblr_m9i5o4g2eo1qll6q0o5_250.gif

Okay I see what you mean and I agree. There's a lot of overlap in the crowd chasing rare beer and medium-rare whiskey. (Some of the real whiskey heavy hitters I see online don't seem to have any interest in beer though). And yeah, I haven't seen too many that cross over into expensive wine.

The thing with wine is most people who aren't idiots know there is a crapload of amazing wine and chasing rarity is best left to mega-rich Chinese and stuffy old wankers. The market is mature enough that people with some knowledge can get an amazing mid to low price bottle without looking online/trading/auctioning.

The thing with wine is most people who aren't idiots know there is a crapload of amazing wine and chasing rarity is best left to mega-rich Chinese and stuffy old wankers. The market is mature enough that people with some knowledge can get an amazing mid to low price bottle without looking online/trading/auctioning.

I'm happy that the scotch market eventually went this way too (subbing Chinese with Japanese) I assume bourbon market will settle with that formula eventually. I just find it funny that such an artificially inflated market it still exists with bourbon (and to be honest beer, but on a lower monetary scale) while both markets had wine and scotch to learn from. I often wonder if the same ******** are involved, crossing between spirit markets to make whatever greedy $ they can, but I assume ignorance is the biggest driving factor behind these upward trends.

I'm happy that the scotch market eventually went this way too (subbing Chinese with Japanese) I assume bourbon market will settle with that formula eventually. I just find it funny that such an artificially inflated market it still exists with bourbon (and to be honest beer, but on a lower monetary scale) while both markets had wine and scotch to learn from. I often wonder if the same ******** are involved, crossing between spirit markets to make whatever greedy $ they can, but I assume ignorance is the biggest driving factor behind these upward trends.

Haven't you heard? Beer is criminally undervalued in terms of free market value and brewers really ought to correct this by jacking their prices.

RIGHT?

Yup. With both beer and whiskey, there are only so many options. If you want a shot at anything decent with whiskey you have to deal with allocations and aftermarket ********.

Hell, with wine, you can go to parts of CA or OR, throw a rock, hit a good producer on the back of the head, and when he wakes up, join his club.

Back