The old ball and chain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosie75

Reaction score
The wife(don't know the abbreviation on here) told me today that I don't need to have beer every time I brew beer, I think thats part of the brewers code. You gotta have beer while you brew

The wife(don't know the abbreviation on here) told me today that I don't need to have beer every time I brew beer, I think thats part of the brewers code. You gotta have beer while you brew

Grounds for divorce....start looking for a lawyer now.

It seems the standard is SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) around here, but in your case I'm thinking I wouldn't (obey). OF COURSE you need a homebrew while making homebrew.... duh? Keep fighting the good fight!:rockin:

Technically, she's right.*

*You also don't have to wipe after taking a dump, but it makes things more pleasant for everyone involved.

be a man. my wife confronted me years ago about my beer-drinking. she told me i drank more than she thought i should. i told her i was unhappy, and asked her if she wanted details about what i was unhappy about. she said no. i told her it was a good choice to say no

pretty soon she will be telling you not to drink a beer while you grill - as if that is possible:)

I try not to drink too much while I brew - got some stories about monumental screwups when I "over-sampled"...... but I have zero problem pouring some small sampling glasses at 9:00 am and doing a little quality control while I brew.

pretty soon she will be telling you not to drink a beer while you grill - as if that is possible:)

I try not to drink too much while I brew - got some stories about monumental screwups when I "over-sampled"...... but I have zero problem pouring some small sampling glasses at 9:00 am and doing a little quality control while I brew.

Thats why you need a bacon porter around.....Breakfast is served!

The first addition of hops to the boil is my cue to tap one. I'm usually too busy grinding grain,watching mash/sparge temps, and getting everything else ready.

I drink a small glass when the boil starts, and then another small glass when the wort is chilling. They are "bar" glasses- so maybe 6 ounces total.

Even totally sober, I've been burnt by scalding water on a brewday (along with other minor things that have gone wrong) so I will never drink more than a small glass when there are pumps running, flames on, etc.

After cleaning up, then I sit down and have a pint. And really enjoy it!

Me too. I much prefer to wait till the batch is pitched on & cleaned up a bit before sitting down at the comp with a few pints. My reward for getting it done right.:mug:

Eh, it takes beer to make beer.

That said, I'm with the camp I'll typically nurse one while mashing, and another after the 60 minute hops addition. Much more than that, and I start losing track of things or falling behind on tasks that need to be completed.

I brew in the morning, but usually bottle while my grains are mashing, so I always have a glass of the gravity sample while I am brewing.

Tell her that you will stop drinking beer when she starts providing more sex for you...until then you will do what you damn well please!

Works for me! :mug:

The correct response is, "And you don't need another purse, pair of shoes or lipstick because you already have enough of them"

Then search Google for a good lawyer because you know this only works one way.

Latest posts

Back