The NAVC Veterinary Conference 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boochuckles

Reaction score
I don't really know where to put this post so this seemed like the a good guess... :confused:

I am a Certified Vet Tech and I will be going to the NAVC this year. I know that in the entire veterinary community there has to be some other homebrewers out there. I wanted to see about having a meetup, tasting, and bull****/talk-shop session one of the nights during the conference. Since this is the biggest conference of the year and people travel from all over the world to it, I'd like to see who and what the rest of world is brewing.

I know most people are going to have to fly and IDK if bringing beer is something the Airlines allow, I'm not sure who would be able to bring some of their own brew...? I have heard of people shipping things to their hotel rooms so they are there when they arrive, but some may not be comfortable with that. I live in Florida and am only about a 2 hour drive from Orlando. I'll be able to bring some of my own brew, quite possibly an entire keg or 2...

Regardless, I want to know who else out there would be interested in a meetup of this nature. Let's get some ideas going, and see what we can do! :mug:

Homebrewing and saving animals: a winning combination!

Cool idea. From time to time I make it down to the conference for work but in recent years they've chosen other sales reps to go down and represent my company. Cool to see somebody in the industry that brews as well.

Welp. If ya ever make it out to the Charles Heumphreus Memorial Lecture, we can talk. But no. Not being a vet, I'm not about to fly out to wherever, to listen to lectures on the hemoglobin carrying capacity of of the South African Guttural Toad. :D

Back