Blonde Ale The Mob Goes Wild Blonde Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staylow

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Yeast Starter
yes
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
SRM 5
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14 @ 66
Tasting Notes
Light and crisp - strong notes of mango with white grape in the finish
This is a modified recipe that I originally picked up from here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/tropical-blond-ale-403398/

I've had nothing but rave reviews for this beer, even from the BMC crowd - several of whom are now very interested in craft beer, when they used to want nothing to do with it. A fantastic summer beer.

6 lbs - 2 Row
1 lb crystal 10
.5 lbs honey malt
10 oz corn sugar

.2 oz Horizon (12% AA) FWH
.5 oz Citra (13.9% AA) 10 min
Whirlfloc and yeast nutrient at 10 min
.5 oz Cirtra 5 min
1 oz Nelson Sauvin (12.6% AA) 1 min

WATER PROFILE:

Ca 66
Mg 5
Na 10
S04 110
Cl 51
bicarbonate 27

Mash 90 min @ 150, double batch sparge

10-14 days in primary, then kegged with a one day cold crash, followed by 3 days on gelatin and hooked up on gas at 10 psi.

Named after the song by Clutch. A fitting name judging on the reactions I've received.

Clutch kicks ass! The main reason I looked at the receptive was the name! Looks like a good one too.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Clicked on the recipe because of the name. Clutch is one of my favorite bands.
I also have a beer named after a clutch song "Pure Hop Fury"

Indeed! Let me know how it turns out if you give it a go!
I finally did it. Figured this would make a nice summer refresher. Made 10 gallons yesterday. I bumped up the 2 row and skipped the sugar. FG 1.042 Used US-05. The wort tasted good.

Hopefully this beer will put the onlookers and innocent bystanders into a trance!

Wow. The yeast dropped and I took a sample after turning the temp up to 70F to finish. Took a sample 1.009 Smells very tropical aroma pineapple and citrus. Taste is really good too. Could use another couple of days or so before I hit it with gelatin and crash. But I can see drinking this next weekend possibly if we can kill one of the two kegs currently in the kegerator.

Should be real good summer quaffer. I doubt it will get too far past memorial day weekend! Got to brew more...

:rockin:

I finally did it. Figured this would make a nice summer refresher. Made 10 gallons yesterday. I bumped up the 2 row and skipped the sugar. FG 1.042 Used US-05. The wort tasted good.

Hopefully this beer will put the onlookers and innocent bystanders into a trance!

Awesome. It certainly does put them into a trance around here! hehe

I just brewed this myself this past Saturday. That makes about 10 times total now over the past couple years. I don't have any other beer anywhere near that number. People love it. I've tweaked it several times, using different yeasts and messing with the hop schedule, but I finally settled on the hop schedule above and Wyeast 1056. I may try it with 1272 once.

I keep the sugar in there to dry it out a bit more, finishing around 1.006-007, helps reinforce the the "summer beer" notion.

So how did it turn out?

I haven't killed the other kegs in the kegerator yet. They are both about to kick. I take some "samples" while carbonating and conditioning the keg and it tastes great to me. I will be taking a keg of this to my friends block party Saturday I am sure it won't last long.

Drink to the Dead!

Well the block party was rained out but a tap opened up at my place. Had some people over last night and it was a big hit.

Streets On Fire, The Mob Goes Wild

Latest posts

Back