The longest you've gone exclusively drinking homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love variety - that is one reason I home brew. I usually by variety packs and always try anything I see new or I haven't tried. I usually alternate between my homebrew keg and craft brew in my beer fridge. Sometimes I will make an exceptional batch of homebrew and hit that keg hard for a few weeks until I drain it, but most of the time I use it in a supporting role.

The longest I've gone on homebrew alone is about 3 months. As stated by many others, I also am a huge fan of variety, and the past few years have gotten even more so. I usually have several different styles when I drink, a pint of some homebrew, a bottle of some microbrew, etc. Often taking mental notes on some characteristic of a particular beer that I like to think of a way to incorporate it into a homebrew. Lately I'd say an average of 1-2 weeks on homebrew only.

I haven't bought any commercial beer to drink at home since last year's elk hunt (Sep). I brought home the leftover PBR. I do, however, make it a point to frequent bars with a wide selection for research purposes, and people bring beer over and leave the leftovers, which I happily turn into empties.

TravisT said:
I drink more craft beers than i ever used to. Now i do things like buy a chocolate stout and a double chocolate stout and taste the difference between them(i dont like chocolate stouts i just found out). I also have been looking at craft beer web sites and trying to find what hops they use for there IPA/APA, try that beer, then decide what hops i like more that others.

I also have gained about 10-12lb since i stated brewing, combined with a receding hair line, i'm looking GOOD!!!:p

I gained weight too. :)

Drinking while out does not count against this plan.

If that's the case then 6+ months. I don't buy commercial beer any more. I have 2 taps and more beer in my house right now than I can comfortably drink by myself. I have plans to keep my pipeline flowing generously through 2011 and I don't think I will stop going into next year. I could foresee myself going on for years and years before I buy any commercial beer for my house again.

Latest posts

Back