The Keezer formally known as freezer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roycebarrow

just getting by, one beer at a time!
Reaction score
Hello all,

Like many of y'all, I got bored and made the mistake of looking through the forums until I found something I absolutely didn't....DID need! So, of course I documented my journey to share with the world and to look back at the progress afterwards.
This one was truly challenging because I live in Germany and had to do everything in centimeter, millimeter, metric and all that other jazz. The biggest problem was at the end when I was piecing together the fittings for the Co2 and stuff. Any who:mug:, here it is

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

Nice build, my wife always wanted a kitchen island. And what made Theresa mad?

Thanks, and yeah I didn't care to remove that. I believe she was mad because the keezer seems to always have my attention or something haha.

Nice idea. That's the first keezer that I've seen on this forum made into a table like that (first that I remember). Good idea, good execution, and good luck with Theresa.

Hearts and minds Sir, Hearts and minds. I appreciate it, took me awhile to get it all together but I am pretty satisfied with the final product. The beer obviously makes it all worth it. after all,:rockin: nothing is cooler than a table that gives you cold beer!

Nice build! Must be a challenge to get Shiner Bock in Bavaria. :mug:

Thanks. They are just handles. I brew all my own stuff. Mainly try to mock the German styles so that if I go home one day, I can continue to drink German beer. However in the Tecate, handle I have a clone of shiner's ruby red bird that will be perfect for the summer here.

Nicely done! Looks like you need an outlet in the floor now so you dont trip over that cord.
Are you satisfied with the chilling performance? I'm noting you did not keep the top. Is it sealed pretty tight and are you doing anything to circulate air in there to keep the lines the same temperature as the beer?

Nicely done! Looks like you need an outlet in the floor now so you dont trip over that cord.
Are you satisfied with the chilling performance? I'm noting you did not keep the top. Is it sealed pretty tight and are you doing anything to circulate air in there to keep the lines the same temperature as the beer?

Great questions actually! I will eventually get a strip to cover the cord, but am looking for a rug now also.
I bought a seal from The garden store here that runs where the collar and the top touch. then, I sealed all the edges with RTV; and also insulated all the wood with 3/4" foam insulation on the inside. I have my temperature probe mounted in foam so the metal part sits against one of my kegs ( as I replace them I put it on the new one)
I don't have a fan in there yet, have been looking. I maintain about a 43 degree temperature for the beer inside and as of now, no issues with foam and everything seems to be working fine.

I have read about the fans inside, my question then is what are people using for a power source?

also, the compressor seems to cycle every 2 hours with a 1 degree Celsius temperature differential so I believe it is pretty well insulated.

any recommendations for a fan? thanks

I have read about the fans inside, my question then is what are people using for a power source?

I got a computer fan and cut up an old 12 volt cellphone charger to run it. That will create another cord for you to deal with.

Maybe you are well enough insulated you don't need it. I just did the uninsulated wooden collar but reused the top. I needed it.

I got a computer fan and cut up an old 12 volt cellphone charger to run it. That will create another cord for you to deal with.

Maybe you are well enough insulated you don't need it. I just did the uninsulated wooden collar but reused the top. I needed it.

That actually seems simple enough. Luckily I have fans laying around at work......haha.

I pulled my fan from on old desktop computer. I'm running a tower on my keezer, so i have a fan blowing cold air up the tower tube. I used any old 12v plug, the higher the amps (1.2 or 5.1- whatever) the faster the fan blows.

I pulled my fan from on old desktop computer. I'm running a tower on my keezer, so i have a fan blowing cold air up the tower tube. I used any old 12v plug, the higher the amps (1.2 or 5.1- whatever) the faster the fan blows.

awesome, now I will have to acquire a charger. just when I thought I was finished....

Don't know if there are Goodwill type stores in Germany, but for a buck you should be able to buy anything electronic that has a big block for a plug. They usually are converters down to the D.C. Low voltage those fans run on

revisiting this old thread, I assume the fan will help with some of the condensation that seems to be happening now? i wired a computer fan as mentioned above, but i still seem to have a little water pooling up. any advice?

I still get some water from condensation, but not enough for me to do something about it. I have mine on my porch and pull the drain plug once a month or so and get a pint or two of water out. the little dehumidifiers were no where near strong enough to pull that much water out.

Back