the importance of such a high degree of sanitation??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorsbro

Reaction score
Ok, i have a few questions, i know that alot of people on here overbuild and just go crazy on theyre brew rigs, but heres my main concern, i have seen alot of flaming about people not getting perfect sanitary welds on fittings on kettles and keggles, i can see if you hae giant gabing pits here grain particles could get stuck and areas that cant be cleaned but no bacteria of any kind will be present after going past a certain temp correct? And if there is a small piece of grain present it would be so small i highly doubt it would be a concern. I do see professional welders on the boards back gassing theyre welds, which is a good thing, it makes a much cleaner weld and also simply just makes it easier to physically do the weld. I hae worked in fabrication for a LONG time and have worked in LARGE plants that have nothing but stainless food processing equipment and the majority is mig welded utilizing spray welds . I guess the reason for posting this is too take the scare away from the newcomers looking to fabricate theyre own setup, its not as critical as some make it out to be..... dont flame me.... im new to the forums :cross:

Sanitary welds are really only necessary if using a stainless fermenter. It would be nice to have them on the drain for the boil kettle, but not required.

I think the main thing is the whole eye candy aspect of it.

Back