The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I laughed at this.
FB_IMG_1583555647420.jpg

Can we all agree that if the Premier League just voids the whole season and Liverpool accordingly don't get the title it'll be f***ing hilarious?

Leicester and Sheffield also stands to lose in that scenario (and arguably lose more). But that's about it. Spurs and Arsenal stand to gain. Spurs the most.

Can we all agree that if the Premier League just voids the whole season and Liverpool accordingly don't get the title it'll be f***ing hilarious?

Leicester and Sheffield also stands to lose in that scenario (and arguably lose more). But that's about it. Spurs and Arsenal stand to gain. Spurs the most.

That will not be hilarious. Liverpool bent the league over and gave it more than it could take this year. If the season is over, they get the title.

The problem with "they get the title" is that relegation and promotion isn't decided. And those clubs stand to lose or gain a lot more than Liverpool's pride.

The problem with "they get the title" is that relegation and promotion isn't decided. And those clubs stand to lose or gain a lot more than Liverpool's pride.

No the problem is we kicked you as and you don’t want to deal with the Scousers being better than you so now you want a cop out.

No the problem is we kicked you as and you don’t want to deal with the Scousers being better than you so now you want a cop out.

Typos intentional to avoid mods, but seriously, just bc you fell on your face doesn’t mean the most dominant team in 20 years should pay for it. The Blades are more deserving of Europe btw.

Oh Liverpool deserve the title. No denying that.

Rather, after all the whinging from Liverpool supporters over the years, it'd be funny to actually have something unfair for them whine about.

I suppose the more serious takeaway is that anything short of a delayed but ultimately finished season is gonna screw at least someone. I suppose if Euro is postponed a year then the leagues can stretch into the summer, so a month off and things could still run their course.

I suppose the more serious takeaway is that anything short of a delayed but ultimately finished season is gonna screw at least someone. I suppose if Euro is postponed a year then the leagues can stretch into the summer, so a month off and things could still run their course.

Probably the best outcome if UEFA values club ober country.

What I find even more hilarious is how Liverpool's expectations has fallen over the past couple of weeks. First it was being The New Invincibles, but Watford stopped that. Then it was The Treble, then Chelsea stopped that. Then it was back to back European Cups, but Atletico Madrid stopped that. And if we are honest, seeing Liverpool get denied by COVID-19 would be hillarious.[emoji16]

Wrapping it up is the only fair result for all parties.

If it's true the coronavirus containment may last into August, we'll see if they meet that deadline. Some sources suggest an ambiguity that UEFAs commitment to that deadline could change. But UEFA President was unambiguous that Liverpool (or anyone else) wouldn't just be handed the title.

If the league resumes in April as currently planned and and some cup matches/international breaks get postponed, and/or a couple extra weekday matches added, no reason it can't be done.

If the delay lasts until May, it'll be a hectic month or two. Any later I don't know if it'll happen.

I foresee a May or even June restart as far more likely than April.

Sounds like the FA is going to postpone anything else until the current season is finished. So it'll finish. As that's at odds with UEFA, who knows what'll happen with English clubs in Europe.

Sounds like his friend/agent saying it's not Coronavirus and not related to his prior stroke, he's comfortable and hopefully home soon.

About the only good news I've heard today.

Sounds like his friend/agent saying it's not Coronavirus and not related to his prior stroke, he's comfortable and hopefully home soon.

About the only good news I've heard today.

yes - another Chelsea Legend, Gianluca Vialli just received all clear from Cancer. Unfortunately Peter Bonetti passed away on the 12th.

since we don't have any footie action going on, I created an Old Ale dedicated to Super Frankie Lampard. The funny thing is that with the leftovers, I guess it's an ESB & I will call it my Ross 'Da Boss' ale. It's won't be as strong as the SFL Ole ale but it will have the kick of that Chelsea #8
ETNc0aTU0AAiAuw

question for @Qhrumphf do you hate Chelsea more than the gooners? Dele Alli does & has said as much. For me it's the gooners. They spoiled our double a couple of seasons ago & that has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Yes last year defeating those bums in the Europa League Final helped smooth things over & Oliver Giroud saying, "he is more Blue than he ever was Red" makes me feel swell. Still the gooners seem to get a result or two each season & that burns me up.

I hate Arsenal because I'm Spurs. I hate Chelsea on principle.

Shed Boys/Headhunters/National Front and what have you. And that was BEFORE Russian mob I mean oil money.

I hate Arsenal because I'm Spurs. I hate Chelsea on principle.

Shed Boys/Headhunters/National Front and what have you. And that was BEFORE Russian mob I mean oil money.

what about going 3 decades without a win at The Bridge in League Play? Or what about us CFC fans referring to White Hart Lane as 3 Point Lane :p - I don't have any animosity for spuds. I put them in the same boat as West Ham & QPR.

I like Frank Lampard. I liked his dad as a player too.

All the same, fans of other clubs always so preoccupied with what the reds are doing. Its like a football rite. The greatest team in English Football.

Gordon Banks never won the league. Worlds greatest keeper in his day. What does it mean?

Djimi Traore, Josemi, Harry Kewell, Vlad Smicer, Djerzy Dudek all have as many Champions league medals as Frank Lampard. What does it mean?

Liverpool have lost but 2 games in 69 league matches, and been in the last 2 European Cup finals (we have now won 6 of them and been in 9 Champions League/European Cup Finals). World Club Champions, Super Cup champions beating Frank's Chelsea side.

Its easy to see why people want to talk about our great side, and love and fear Klopp and Liverpool FC.

If Liverpool fans weren't insufferable before...

Congrats. You earned it. Now you'll be talking about it for the next 30 years and every time you don't repeat it accusing everyone else of cheating ("more than you" being the unspoken part you won't admit to).

I like Frank Lampard. I liked his dad as a player too.

All the same, fans of other clubs always so preoccupied with what the reds are doing. Its like a football rite. The greatest team in English Football.

Gordon Banks never won the league. Worlds greatest keeper in his day. What does it mean?

Djimi Traore, Josemi, Harry Kewell, Vlad Smicer, Djerzy Dudek all have as many Champions league medals as Frank Lampard. What does it mean?

Liverpool have lost but 2 games in 69 league matches, and been in the last 2 European Cup finals (we have now won 6 of them and been in 9 Champions League/European Cup Finals). World Club Champions, Super Cup champions beating Frank's Chelsea side.

Its easy to see why people want to talk about our great side, and love and fear Klopp and Liverpool FC.
RODOG started it with his Frank jibe. He likes to talk Liverpool :)

I have honoured those who need to be.

Won't hear any more from me. Many like talking about the greatest team in England, nonetheless.

Last edited:

Frank is not smiling after his sides result yesterday. Normally, I'd not give a crap, but Chelsea are basically handing United a CL place next year.

Back