The hopefully not obnoxious wood fired brick oven build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe he spoke about using slate on his roof so... unless he moves his oven to Hawaii and parks it in the path of the volcano... the structure won't burn up.
Shame... think of the photo opps.

Oh yeah... I can almost hear this roof being built as I type this.

Any minute now.... should toooootally be 100% finished. I can feel it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

How about some more pizza photos?

20091123-difara-burnt.jpg

burned-pizza.jpg

images

Paul's gonna cook his Thanksgiving turkey in the oven this year too...he already did a practice run and sent me this pic.

dff4728b9eac34b1bc347448527a8c21.jpg

Don't worry; I'm sure you can make it look straight when you cover the framing.

It's Paul... why would he want it to look straight? Somehow I think he enjoys being the center of attention.
Besides, there isn't a person alive that would believe Paulie actually built something that wasn't a little off kilter. That sort of thing just doesn't happen.

I've got a fair number of tiny nicks and cuts on my hands tonight.View attachment 235081

AND I managed to figure out how to narrate a Power Point slide show today and narrated all 49 slides. I'm having a pretty good day.
View attachment 235083

WTF?!?! I like pizza but your doll house is better constructed than most homes in Boston...seriously start cooking pizza and selling it, to fund this fifth mortgage.

I'm sure he is but given the actually "closing up" will likely be in April of 2016, putting any sort of insulation on it now will just result in a mound of soggy insulation sludge all over the thing.

It's better to just leave it out in the elements. Luckily it's not damp or dropping down below frost at night around here these days.

Should be totally fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Are you not going to insulate the dome before you close it up????

I am. Ceramic blanket laid over the dome then vermiculite to fill the voids. But having it get wet constantly was asking me crazy so I set up to put a roof over it. I can still get the insulation on easily enough. I should get the blanket this weekend and put that on then I can put the roof on

Did you use regular drywall screws to attach the cement board to your studs or do you need something special?

Back