The hopefully not obnoxious wood fired brick oven build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, a little constructive criticism here,
Next time you make some pies place them at the farthest point possible in your nuclear reactor that you can. If you are cooking these things in 30ish seconds or so like you claim then the extra 14 seconds isn't going to hurt anything. IMHO they've all been burning on you with the artichoke one being the least burnt. You don't need the pie 6 inches away from the fire in your oven. Also, you sauced too far out on the plain cheese one and did not `overlap` the cheese a minimum of 1/2 inch beyond your sauce line which led to the cheese `collapsing` into the center of the pie.(sliding/melting, w/e you wanna call it but all the cheese moves toward the center of the pizza) If cheese sliding is a common thing then i suggest not placing any toppings/cheese at all in the center of your pies about the size of a quarter.
Feta cheese and peppers go great with artichoke on pizza,add a little lamb and well.....(drool)
Anywho......more pizza pics Paul.

Thanks Paps. Good advice. They're not as burned as they look in the pics but I'm still learning.
I think part of it is using pre shredded cheese that has a starch additive to prevent clumping. That starch darkens up before the cheese is right. Still learning.
Today I built a calzone and put it in the still hot overn Took a lifetime for this to cook, almost 15 minutes. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1440367743.240209.jpg

Thanks Paps. Good advice. They're not as burned as they look in the pics but I'm still learning.
I think part of it is using pre shredded cheese that has a starch additive to prevent clumping. That starch darkens up before the cheese is right. Still learning.
Today I built a calzone and put it in the still got over. Took a lifetime for this to cook, almost 15 minutes. View attachment 298539

They sell preshredded cheese?? Never seen such a thing in my house.:D

I'm sure there is a steep learning curve, keep at it.

Holy... ****...

I started reading this thread to just to see a quick pizza oven build. Thinking it would probably be done by page 10 or so... I never expected to have to flip through 95 pages of epic **** talking just to find out it's not finished yet... :eek:

In all seriousness, nice work man! I can appreciate how much effort went into that.

Projects like these usually take a while and it's fun to bust Paulies chops.

Holy... ****...

I started reading this thread to just to see a quick pizza oven build. Thinking it would probably be done by page 10 or so... I never expected to have to flip through 95 pages of epic **** talking just to find out it's not finished yet... :eek:

In all seriousness, nice work man! I can appreciate how much effort went into that.

Effort? At the rate of this guys "effort" Jester will have a finished house first.

Paul, you are a nurse, can you check yourself for signs of a stroke? The last dozen posts of your over multiple threads have not made a damn bit of sense. I'm a little worried about you.

Back