Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are continuing our series on the HomeBrewTalk Top 100, this week covering recipes 50 - 25! As we near the top we're going to find that the majority of our membership and homebrewers the world over have either brewed, tried, or know someone that has brewed it so make sure to post in the comments which recipe you brewed and whether or not you made any changes.
For recipes 100 - 75 please follow this link.
For recipes 74 - 50 please follow this link.
hbt-raspberry-ale-2406.jpg

49. Requiem Raspberry - eschatz
hbt-oatmeal-snout-2407.jpg

48. Double Chocolate Oatmeal Snout - ChshreCat
hbt-west-12-clone-2408.jpg

47. Westvleteren 12 Clone - Multiple Award Winner - CSI
hbt-beecave-kolsch-2409.jpg

46. Bee Cave Brewery Kolsch - EdWort
hbt-watermelon-wheat-2410.jpg

45. Watermelon Wheat - DubbelDach
hbt-holly-beer-2411.jpg

44. Holly (Christmas Ale) - jmo88
hbt-reapers-mild-2412.jpg

43. Reaper's Mild, 1st place 2011 HBT Competition - azscoob
hbt-pliny-the-elder-clone-2413.jpg

42. Pliny the Elder Clone - NJstout
hbt-two-time-winning-2414.jpg

41. My 2-time gold winning American IPA - enohcs
hbt-dog-fish-90-clone-2415.jpg

40. Dogfish Head 90 Minute Clone - scottland
hbt-blue-balls-belgium-ale-2416.jpg

39. Blue Balls Belgian Wit (Blue Moon Clone) - BierMuncher
hbt-pumpkin-ale-2417.jpg

38. Samhain Pumpkin Ale - KingBrianI
hbt-succulent-strawberry-2418.jpg

37. Succulent Strawberry Blonde - Bluelinebrewer
hbt-milk-stout-2419.jpg

36. Left Hand Milk Stout Clone - adx
hbt-rye-stout-2420.jpg

35. Denny Conn's Wry Smile Rye IPA - eddie
hbt-stone-ruination-clone-2421.jpg

34. Stone Ruination Clone - Yooper
hbt-russian-imperial-stout-2422.jpg

33. Russian Imperial Stout (2011 HBT Competition Category Winner) - marubozo
hbt-bananna-wine-2423.jpg

32. Banana Wine - Yooper
hbt-yoopers-oatmeal-stout-2424.jpg

31. Yooper's Oatmeal Stout - Yooper
hbt-lake-walk-stout-2425.jpg

30. Lake Walk Pale Ale - Dude
hbt-dead-guy-stout-2426.jpg

29. Dead Guy Clone (Extract & AG) - Yooper
hbt-belgian-trippel-2427.jpg

28. Belgian Trippel (2006 World Beer Cup Gold Medal: Dragonmead Final Absolution clone) - HuRRiC4Ne
hbt-oktoberfest-2428.jpg

27. BierMuncher's OktoberFAST Ale (AG) - BierMuncher
hbt-bourbon-vanilla-stout-2429.jpg

26. Bourbon Vanilla Porter (AG) - Lil' Sparky
hbt-common-room-esb-2430.jpg

25. Common Room ESB - KingBrianI
That's it for this week! Next week will see the finale in a two part article as we continue to answer the question "What are the top Homebrew recipes on HomeBrewTalk?"
Salud!
Austin
hbt-common-room-esb-2430.jpg

Oops, a banana wine snuck in there somehow.
Thank you, but we will need a beer to replace that one.

It's top recipes. I debated leaving it out, but thought in the grand scheme of things it should be there.

I've used a few of these as a guideline to make other recipes. And there are others I've never seen before that interest me greatly.

Well I can't brag that my recipe made the cut, but my picture did! WOOO! Apparently my camera skills exceed my brewing skills...I need to work on that. #Priorities

Yooper Oatmeal Stout is a great brew. marubozo's RIS is amazing. I actually have this on my yearly calendar to brew it Father's day weekend, primary for a month, then secondary and then bottle on Veteran's day each year and always save a 12 pack to compare to the prior years. One of the best beers I've made.

There are some tremendous recipes on this list! I'm so glad someone decided to put this together. If a site admin happens to be reading this, it'd be a great idea to somehow add a "Brew Cue" to each member's profile so that we could save particular recipes to our personal must-brew list. I know I can subscribe to a post but if it's a popular one I'm constantly getting "I loved it!" & "Great Recipe!" updates. The cue might keep everyone's inbox a little cleaner.

#28. The Belgian Trippel - I've modified slightly and have sinced named it "Pure Evil." Mainly for the fact that after a brew party where I had this on tap I had one guy passed out in the bed of my truck, one in my recliner and a state trooper stumbling home, not to mention how the others turned out. It is a great beer, to be drank in moderation!!! Thanks!!!

Back