The Home Made Pizza Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are referring to the Detroit Style Pizza pans that I linked to, they are neither aluminum nor non-stick. Just for clarification they are steel, pre-seasoned pans. But you can buy them unseasoned if you'd like to do it yourself.
Yeah, originally Sean (Detroit Pizza place) was backing Lloyd's (aluminum and coated).
Apologies for not reading through the current info.

Any of you guys travel with an Ooni Koda 12 or 16? I am thinking about one for the house but then taking it along in an RV, and was wondering how the deck would hold up to the bumps and shakes of riding in the belly of a bus. Since the RV has propane, it seems like a natural thing to hook it up to a Koda.

Also are there significant difference between the 12 and 16 in terms of performance, other than the obvious size difference.

Thanks,
T

Well, this just arrived :)
IMG_8355.jpg

Any attempt I make at beer bread or using brewer's yeast on bread dough results in bananaless banana bread.

if i hear one more question, about bannana flavor. i'm quoting this and breaking the thrid wall and talking about folding sheets...

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik1NKkN0ysI

🤣

Pizza is life!

338B3B6A-9C10-49A0-9894-634EEE2BA4E8.jpeg

My attempt at pizza on the Ooni. I like to do a basic cheese and tomato and then throw on some basil, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes if I have them with a slug of olive oil once it’s out of the oven.

5B29A048-971F-4D36-BA18-36C3BA68A41F.jpeg

These posts make me so hungry. A Scottish pizza looks the same as the ones from Wisconsin.
Grilled pizza and my new end table used during the last power outage. The other is from my latest batch of homemade sweet Italian sausage.

Attachments

• Fresh Homenade Sausage.jpg
    Fresh Homenade Sausage.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Power Outage Pizza.jpg
    Power Outage Pizza.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 0
My favorite pizza is (pepperoni, cheese and olives) cooked in a cast iron skillet with a crunchy olive oil, herb and cornmeal coating on the bottom:
View attachment 778423
Recipe:

Very nice and Thanks for the video - I've seen something like this on America's Test Kitchen.

I'm going to give this a try!

Very nice and Thanks for the video - I've seen something like this on America's Test Kitchen.

I'm going to give this a try!
You won't be disappointed. I don't make pizza very often as I tend to get my carbs from beer, but this is my go to. :) The crust comes out crunchy on the bottom because it is basically pan fried. Best of all you don't need any fancy pizza gear. That olive oil, salt & pepper, herb and cornmeal bottom crust is a game changer.

Right now, I use large porcelain steel pizza pans I've had for over thirty years. They have served me well. I like the idea of cast iron fry pans, which I have several well-seasoned ones from years of cooking.

I'll try next up, possibly next weekend as I now have a hankering for pizza.

Thanks!!

Back