The good and the bad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zurcj20

Reaction score
First the good, or should I say awesome! Tapped my first keg friday and boy was it good! I used the set and forget method at 12psi. poured perfect!

Now the bad. I bought myself a new glass yesterday. A half liter Spaten Octoberfestbier glass from the flea market. I got it home and went to wash it and it shattered in my hands. :mad: Only got two little cuts but it still sucks.

congrats on your first keg! I'm looking into kegging, got an old fridge in the basement that will be converted one of these days. How exactly did your glass break?

I was washing the inside of the glass with a dish rag and it just popped. I've never had that happen before.

I was washing the inside of the glass with a dish rag and it just popped. I've never had that happen before.

This happens more often than you may think! My mother had to have stitches when I was a child because of this very thing. I say NEVER and I mean NEVER stick your hand inside a glass. Bottle brushes( the ones like a sponge on a stick) are way cheaper and less than painful than stitches!

I am glad to hear you are ok!

sucks your new glass broke, at least you didn't need stitches. ever since my bottle bomb incident I'm nervous every time I touch one of my bottles :eek:

Back