The gas stove was on

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sovietchild

Reaction score
I just made kombucha juice on Monday night, and I woke up the next morning I saw they (my family) didn't turn off the gas and it was on all night (on low)

Should I throw the kombucha away because it has been exposed to gas?

I just made kombucha juice on Monday night, and I woke up the next morning I saw they (my family) didn't turn off the gas and it was on all night (on low)

Should I throw the kombucha away because it has been exposed to gas?

You made up the sweet tea, and added the SCOBY, and left it on the stove on low? I'm not sure what the issue is and am trying to understand.

Was the gas on but no flame?? If it was just on low heat you shouldn't be worried about exposure to gas. It burned.

If the gas was on and no flame don't light a cigarette!!!!! Or even turn a light switch!!!!

You made up the sweet tea, and added the SCOBY, and left it on the stove on low? I'm not sure what the issue is and am trying to understand.

The 2 gallon jar was by the stove, and they left the gas on on low with out fire for all night. The entire house smelled like gas. Did the kombucha absorbed the gas?

The 2 gallon jar was by the stove, and they left the gas on on low with out fire for all night. The entire house smelled like gas. Did the kombucha absorbed the gas?

Not likely as the gas itself would have flowed to the floor to accumulate. the smell that permeates the house is only an indicator of presence and does not mean the house was saturated or you all would have asphyxiated in the night.

I would worry less about the tea and focus more on making damned sure this is not a repeatable offense as this has very likely threatened the safety and existence of you and your entire family. You are quite lucky that no other appliance provided the spark needed to ignite the gas.

Back