The Etre/BiaB love/hate/?/rant thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added a couple Tomes and paid the full invoice ~8 days ago, but never got a tracking number (or the box itself, yet). Did everyone get shipping details after they paid Etre? (I'm guessing not, and that I should expect it anytime...)

I added a couple Tomes and paid the full invoice ~8 days ago, but never got a tracking number (or the box itself, yet). Did everyone get shipping details after they paid Etre? (I'm guessing not, and that I should expect it anytime...)

Check your spam box, that’s where mine ended up!

I paid 5 days ago and still haven't received tracking. I get the feeling they do big shipments on Fridays so I'm waiting until after the weekend to consider bothering them.

I just sent an email asking about the estimated time of shipping for my pack. Jonathan responded within a minute saying probably next week. So, the wait continues.
For context: I selected my option for the Spring Pack (and my additional bottles) on 4/22, received and paid invoice on 4/29.

Spring pack;
4/26 invoice received & paid
4/29 box shipped
5/2 tracking info received
5/3 box through NY Customs
5/4 "Notice left - no authorized recipient available"
5/7 "Available for pickup" at local post office

By far the fastest turnaround I've ever had on an Etre box

Etre Gourmet Spring Pack

4/19 invoice received
4/23 invoice paid with added bottles
5/4 emailed with no response
5/6 emailed a second time with no response

I'm starting to get worried it already shipped and it sitting at the post office waiting to be sent back to Belgium. :(

4/23 paid
5/07 delivered to my office, who contacted me (working from home) to let me know the box arrived, is damaged—and "wet"

...never had an Etre bottle break. Hoping it's only one when I get around to it tomorrow. :(
Update: while the corner of the box has almost completely lost its structure, and most certainly is damp, I'm not sure anything actually broke. (I haven't taken a box-cutters to the bubble wrap yet, but it doesn't smell like lambic and the bottles near that corner appear to be intact and heavy.) The dampness must've been from something else during shipping. Etre continues to impress.

I just got my tracking info yesterday and it was in the spam folder again. I have added Joana to my gmail addresses and everything but gmail considers every single email from her spam. Not sure what it is but it may be the inclusion of the tracking numbers that causes the issue.

Update: while the corner of the box has almost completely lost its structure, and most certainly is damp, I'm not sure anything actually broke. (I haven't taken a box-cutters to the bubble wrap yet, but it doesn't smell like lambic and the bottles near that corner appear to be intact and heavy.) The dampness must've been from something else during shipping. Etre continues to impress.

FWIW, the EXACT same thing happened to my last Etre box a couple months ago. Maybe they piss themselves during transit.

Okay, so here was my timeline:

Initial email 4/19
Replied back with 2 beers that I had in my cart
Invoice sent from them on 4/20 for shipping/proxy
Replied back with the fact that I paid
Today, 5/6 they emailed me back with tracking
I’m expecting my package tomorrow (5/12).

Happy Mother’s Day to my wife!! She will be thrilled! :confused:

I’m expecting my package tomorrow (5/12).

Happy Mother’s Day to my wife!! She will be thrilled! :confused:
Mine arrived the same day as my wife’s mother’s day present, which had very distinctive markings from her favorite jewelry store. She quickly forgot about the 15-shipper and focused strictly on asking about her future gift. Could not have been luckier with that delivery schedule.

Back