The Etre/BiaB love/hate/?/rant thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I have a box from etre that has a last posted update of March 30. Since then I haven't seen any movement on Bpost or USPS tracking.

I'm not overly concerned, it's all lambic and it's not scorchingly hot on either side of the pond. That said, I promised MikeG we would play slap the lambic bag in front of Whole Foods in Chelsea so that's been delayed now.
Finally some movement after 23 days, apparently already through NYC customs.

Power to the parents, but it’s just not for us. We’re too into traveling and saving money to retire early (and buying lambic).

So you know, this statement has played in my head a few times recently
  • When I was cleaning poop off the bathroom floor two nights ago (for context, this was the third crap in less than ten minutes by my three year old, the first of which was in a toilet and the second was in a pull up)
  • Cleaning poop off the inside of a diaper pail which was somehow deposited when the aforementioned poopy pull up was disposed of
  • Trying to get the gluey residue deposited by a sticker off of a washed-then-dried t-shirt that we *just* bought our six year old
I fear this post will haunt me for some time.

So you know, this statement has played in my head a few times recently
  • When I was cleaning poop off the bathroom floor two nights ago (for context, this was the third crap in less than ten minutes by my three year old, the first of which was in a toilet and the second was in a pull up)
  • Cleaning poop off the inside of a diaper pail which was somehow deposited when the aforementioned poopy pull up was disposed of
  • Trying to get the gluey residue deposited by a sticker off of a washed-then-dried t-shirt that we *just* bought our six year old
I fear this post will haunt me for some time.

First two bullets are a common occurrence for adult lambic enthusiasts who host shares at their house.

I have a box coming (not EG or BiaB) from Belgium that was dropped at the post office on April 17. Zero updates to tracking since then and it never even hit USPS until this morning when it was out for delivery. No idea where it even went through for customs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I promised MikeG we would play slap the lambic bag in front of Whole Foods in Chelsea
giphy.gif

Has anyone else had an issue with Jonathan sending the invoice over so you can pay? He contacted me quickly and asked what I wanted to do but has been radio silent the last week after I asked him to send me an invoice.

Has anyone else had an issue with Jonathan sending the invoice over so you can pay? He contacted me quickly and asked what I wanted to do but has been radio silent the last week after I asked him to send me an invoice.

Yeah, last couple orders had a bit of a delay but it’s my understanding they are short staffed and obvs flooded right now

Same situation here. Got the email telling me my options. Sent an email selecting my option. Crickets since.

I got the invoice from Jonathan and was able to pay via PayPal, but I already had two bottles on reservation to round out the box. That was on Friday. Have not heard anything since then.

Yeah, I had 2 bottles reserved so I just needed the invoice for the proxy fee and shipping. Glad to hear I'm not alone in this. Figured they were swamped but kept hearing about people that had received their invoice already as well.

Got my previous box today after about 5 weeks. One of the bottles was broken. What does Etre usually do about this?

Make you check a box in agreement before you make the purchase that its not their fault that some shipping companies treat packages like a soccer ball

but if you send them a note about it they have been known to issue you store credit

Got my previous box today after about 5 weeks. One of the bottles was broken. What does Etre usually do about this?

Make you check a box in agreement before you make the purchase that its not their fault that some shipping companies treat packages like a soccer ball
but if you send them a note about it they have been known to issue you store credit
In my opinion, if the box itself is externally in good condition (evidence that it was not mishandled) and there is still a bottle broken, it is the fault of the shipper for poor packing. If this was the case, I would be sure to mention it in your message to them.

In my opinion, if the box itself is externally in good condition (evidence that it was not mishandled) and there is still a bottle broken, it is the fault of the shipper for poor packing. If this was the case, I would be sure to mention it in your message to them.
I know this message was directed at jayskeletor but without even seeing his box/response I can almost guarantee this isnt the case. Etre goes above and beyond with their packaging skills. They arnt apart of team loose pool noodle ship and pray.

I know this message was directed at jayskeletor but without even seeing his box/response I can almost guarantee this isnt the case. Etre goes above and beyond with their packaging skills. They arnt apart of team loose pool noodle ship and pray.
Yeah. I have no complaints with Etre's packing. If anything I get frustrated because each bottle is so wrapped up in bubble wrap and tape, it takes longer to open! But, I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least give him a position to help his case.

Pretty cool customer service of Etre to replace/refund/rectify any broken or lost bottles considering they clearly protect themselves with that checkbox they make customers absolve Etre of any responsibility after it leaves their building.

They could easily just say NMFP.

Both Etre and BiaB are good with this.

I got an email on my four box shipment from Etre asking if I’d picked up my boxes at the PO yet along with a Bpost screenshot telling me a box arrived... no tracking numbers to speak of though.

Sent on the 19th, delivery attempted on the 25th. Two of four boxes have arrived but all with the same tracking number so no idea how I track the others at this point. Just gotta wait I suppose. These two went through Chicago.

I got an email on my four box shipment from Etre asking if I’d picked up my boxes at the PO yet along with a Bpost screenshot telling me a box arrived... no tracking numbers to speak of though.

same thing happened to me on my last box. i was sure that the screenshot of the email they sent me with the tracking info was A CLEVER RUSE but sure enough gmail for some reason filtered it into my spam box and general searches don't search the spam folder.

a trusted sender that has been emailing me back and forth for nearly a decade... spam. thnxu google.

Sent on the 19th, delivery attempted on the 25th. Two of four boxes have arrived but all with the same tracking number so no idea how I track the others at this point. Just gotta wait I suppose. These two went through Chicago.

Four full Etre boxes arriving within hours of each other made for a busy night of unpacking but everything made it safely!

Four full Etre boxes arriving within hours of each other made for a busy night of unpacking but everything made it safely!
Yeah I would subscribe to an option or even pay for packaging that uses no tape or rubber bands at most. That etre packaging is a ***** to take off.

A box cutter makes it pretty easy imo.
Agreed, I’ve opened my fair share of etre boxes and it’s manageable, but with the cardboard walls and other packing materials they use, I think it would be more than sufficient to just wrap the bottles in bubble wrap and then fold the top and bottom against the side of the bottle and toss them into the slots. Just my .02. Plus I’d be able to reuse the ridiculous amount of bubble wrap they send.

Back