The cure for your kinked hose troubles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jppostKW

Reaction score
I am finalizing the build of my brew stand a diy thread is upcoming. One of the problems I ran into is the height in my 2 tier stand would make the hoses prone to kinking i looked around for a while and finally found a solution. I added a spring to each end of my female camlock fitting hoses I found these springs at work they are from a four prong trailer plug made by philips industries. I am talking to the company to see if the cable guard for the 15-430 is available alone they have larger ones for 7 wire cables but i cant find the smaller ones

trailer plugs

they fit perfectly over 1/2" OD 3/4" OD silicon tubing. slide right up to the clamp on the barb fitting and i cant get it to kink if I tried!!!

heres the pics

4961445709_086fef8a6d_z.jpg

4962045496_26582f7316_z.jpg

4962043532_4bf3405a64_z.jpg

I am pretty stoked about them in the third pic thats 3 foot hose with the camlock end is just hanging there before it kinked right over

Similar springs are available in the hardware store. Can't remember the size or part number but it's a pretty common size. About $2-$3 each.

Back