The Cullen-Harrison Act

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmolledo

Reaction score
The Cullen-Harrison Act became law on April 7, 1933, and on April 8, 1933. That was the end of prohibition. Shouldn't that be a national holiday?

Another instance of the Federal government trying to run our lives. Will we ever learn?

I don't think so...unfortunately our government will continue...they've moved on to Cigars...I was very sad about that a while back.

Not sure about universally, but it did have a lot of support - I wasn't completely aware of the history.
Of course it shows what people can and will do when their liberties are taken away.

The Cullen-Harrison Act became law on April 7, 1933, and on April 8, 1933. That was the end of prohibition. Shouldn't that be a national holiday?

Dec 5th is the real Repeal Day, when alcohol generally became legal again. But 3.2% beer is better than nothing, and another holiday is always welcome!

Not sure about universally, but it did have a lot of support - I wasn't completely aware of the history.
Of course it shows what people can and will do when their liberties are taken away.

Who cares about the politics of the situation? Drink beer and rejoice, brother! :ban:

that wouldn't happen today. you gotta give credit to the big 3 because they are paying off politicians to protect them (the beer industry). What we have to worry about are laws against home brewing.

(although by now we are all capable of making out of pretty much anything pretty much anywhere.)

What we have to worry about are laws against home brewing.
I'm sure big brother will find a way, in the name of health care, to outlaw alcohol.

Back