The correct orifice for my banjo burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayberQue

Reaction score
Okay so purchased a 10" banjo burner for a homemade stand. Eventually I am going to go all NG but for now I'd like to use the high pressure propane manifold I have. Problem is the threads for the orifice in the burner is 3/8NPT but the high pressure orifices that were supposed to let me set this up are 1/4NPT. So basically I either have to bushing these orifices to get them to fit (don't know if this will work because it will set the end of the orifice further out) or find the correct orifice 3/8NPT to 3/8 male flared, do these exist?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The only two threaded sizes I've ever seen are 1/4" & 1/8". (1/4" NPT looks about the same size as the 3/8" male flare). Williams Brewing, Agri Supply & Bayou Classic Cooking all have replacement fittings for high & low pressure burners. My 10" banjo burners came w the smaller orifice (1/4"NPT x 3/8" male flare) that I drilled out for NG.

Well then they are selling the wrong sizes according to the labels... The orifices they sent me are labeled 3/8 flare x 1/4 inch NPT but must be 1/8 because they surely are not the correct size

Well I got the correct size orifice from tejas smokers... It works fine if I choke the air inlet down to about only 10%. I was thinking I wouldn't have to do that. Is it because it's high pressure?

Latest posts

Back