The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fgIexXPJGYRQQ.gif

No hurry... us guys on the east coast have ways to pass the time.

In the process of doing so. I had to stop a bit and slowdown my excitement. The only way to do so was to Randal some s*#^! HB Huell Melon Saison with Huckleberries. Box came from @jtd_419 can't wait to start going through the recipes!!!

In the box
-fresh made sausage by Dad
-fresh picked asparagus from the field picked on Friday.
-fresh picked Morel mushrooms picked on Sunday.
-Carouso's wild flower honey
-rivers bend habanero huckleberry jam.
-2 jalapeños
- a 4 oz tube of gourmet garden lemon grass paste.
-a zip lock bag of Huckleberries
And some beers.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431723608.038213.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431723623.595251.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431724006.743268.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431724027.203374.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431724051.116564.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431724063.521770.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431724079.196179.jpg

In the process of doing so. I had to stop a bit and slowdown my excitement. The only way to do so was to Randal some s*#^! HB Huell Melon Saison with Huckleberries. Box came from @jtd_419 can't wait to start going through the recipes!!!

In the box
-fresh made sausage by Dad
-fresh picked asparagus from the field picked on Friday.
-fresh picked Morel mushrooms picked on Sunday.
-Carouso's wild flower honey
-rivers bend habanero huckleberry jam.
-2 jalapeños
- a 4 oz tube of gourmet garden lemon grass paste.
-a zip lock bag of Huckleberries
And some beers.

View attachment 278234View attachment 278235View attachment 278236View attachment 278237View attachment 278238View attachment 278239View attachment 278240

Nice! That all sounds tasty

I hope that the mushrooms made it, I've never tried shipping them fresh before but anybody can find them dried

I hope that the mushrooms made it, I've never tried shipping them fresh before but anybody can find them dried

They made it. They are in the fridge. Maybe you or @savorychef can provide a recipe for the sausage, asparagus and mushrooms. I might have to grill tonight! Thank you. I can't wait to try all the combos.

I wrap the asparagus in foil with butter salt and pepper then grill till temder

Mushrooms are either beer battered or floured as finsfan said or sauté and serve on a burger

Sausage is a very lean breakfast sausage

Here is the last version of the list I could find. Its been a very long time since it was updated last. I'd like to get an idea of who is still active with the thread and maybe take some names off. I've been going through some of these and they haven't been active in a long time.

WOBrien - Plymouth Meeting, PA
JohnnyHitch - Suffolk County, NY
Hello - NC
JWerner - Laport, MN
BigMike - Long Island, NY
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
Leubega - Los Angeles, CA
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
InvictusBrew - Manhattan Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR
NuclearRich - Hampden, CT
ABeasst - Raleigh, NC
FinsFan - Manhattan, KS (Volunteered for multiple shipments as a representative for the middle states, so we can send to him a few different times, hopefully staggers and not back to back)
MedicMang - Athens, OH
DisturbedChemist - Spring, TX
Brew_Dude41 - Columbus, OH
coyote68 - Clune, PA
Atli126 - Louisville, KY
UWDawg13 - Tacoma, WA
mcbaumannerb - Phoenixville, PA
PKincaid – Bakersfield, CA
Jaybird – Redding, CA
TrippleHazzard – Kansas City, MO
Pointcity_Homebrew - West Point MS
EdRoberts - Westfield Indiana
TheCADJockey - Buffalo, NY
Chupidacabra - Nampa, ID (for the next few months for work, normally in Billings MT)
MrBeachRoach – Cookeville TN
Banesong - Northern VA

Here is the last version of the list I could find. Its been a very long time since it was updated last. I'd like to get an idea of who is still active with the thread and maybe take some names off. I've been going through some of these and they haven't been active in a long time.

WOBrien - Plymouth Meeting, PA
JohnnyHitch - Suffolk County, NY
Hello - NC
JWerner - Laport, MN
BigMike - Long Island, NY
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
Leubega - Los Angeles, CA
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
InvictusBrew - Manhattan Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR
NuclearRich - Hampden, CT
ABeasst - Raleigh, NC
FinsFan - Manhattan, KS (Volunteered for multiple shipments as a representative for the middle states, so we can send to him a few different times, hopefully staggers and not back to back)
MedicMang - Athens, OH
DisturbedChemist - Spring, TX
Brew_Dude41 - Columbus, OH
coyote68 - Clune, PA
Atli126 - Louisville, KY
UWDawg13 - Tacoma, WA
mcbaumannerb - Phoenixville, PA
PKincaid – Bakersfield, CA
Jaybird – Redding, CA
TrippleHazzard – Kansas City, MO
Pointcity_Homebrew - West Point MS
EdRoberts - Westfield Indiana
TheCADJockey - Buffalo, NY
Chupidacabra - Nampa, ID (for the next few months for work, normally in Billings MT)
MrBeachRoach – Cookeville TN
Banesong - Northern VA

Present and accounted for

I'm still good for it as long as it doesn't get to me any time soon, which... doesn't seem like it would be the case regardless.

Back