The Beer and Vinyl Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummed I posted my garage. Was drunk. Current goal is to get this **** organized somewhat by wednesday. At least enough to actually get at the Records.

Also kind of want to sell at least half my collection and try to make it a manageable amount but the fact I'm not paying for storage in the half that isn't here (yes, parents garage) doesn't motivate me to confront my issues...
Will buy Jazz & hiphop LP's if you have for sale!

Do it. It's massively cathartic.

I had a big clear out before I rented our house out as I was limited in what I could put into storage. Dumped about a 1,000 (I accumulated a lot of crap from digging in bargain bins), gave away another 1,000 (including a number of releases on a record label run by the guy who picked them up. He wasn't too put out about it. lol), sold a 1,000. Am currently at about 1,500 with a plan to get it down to a 1,000 which I think is a sensible number.

Record collections are like gardens. They need regular pruning.

I'm around 600 LP's right now, excluding a bunch of 78's and 45's that are in storage. I'm right at max capacity for 2 ikea kallax 2x2 units. I'm afraid to get a third unit because I know I'll just buy more to fill it....

The Killers trying to be Bruce Springsteen. Not their best album but I like quite a few songs on it. "White IPA" is just an IPA but really really good, thanks to rpbuckeye.
DSC_0647.jpg

We should run a record swap BIF in here. There was one a long time ago, but I was never in it.

Saw that thread. I dunno... I'm pretty confident packing a box of beers that someone will most likely enjoy. An album? ****, I wouldn't know where to start. Even if it was metal, or blue, something I'm familiar with... still.

Legitimately planning my post-work evening nearly down to the minute based on listening to a new album.

In order of most records to least records its divided into: metal (prob 4,000ish here), rock/soundtrack/etc, noise/industrial/experimental, punk/hc, country, soul, jazz, reggae, rap. The rap section is def less than 50 lps :p
If you ever complile a list, post it here first so TB'ers get first dibs :) definitely interested in the reggae, hip hop, and jazz ones!

Saw that thread. I dunno... I'm pretty confident packing a box of beers that someone will most likely enjoy. An album? ****, I wouldn't know where to start. Even if it was metal, or blue, something I'm familiar with... still.

Legitimately planning my post-work evening nearly down to the minute based on listening to a new album.

We should run a record swap BIF in here. There was one a long time ago, but I was never in it.

If people posted DDTs with vinyl's during the hints thread senders could get an idea of what their sender listens to.. Or there could be a list of things you would like on the sign up. I'd be down.

Hit that Legendary Shack Shakers Album. Gonna WEAR THAT OUT. Should probably buy a second copy now.
Some Ghoul.
Some Agalloch, as the wife wanted to smoke, and likes them.
Brief showing from Amon Amarth.

Think I noted earlier this thread being nicely timed with my first vinyl order in a while? Last Amazon delivery showed up today.

One of the great tragedies of the known world...
WlsVp2n.jpg

Has been corrected.
R7RWKHZ.jpg

Veltins
And Serpents Unleashed. Just **** off angry thrash.

LOVING EVERY SECOND.

Back