The BeeBox- first impressions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacDee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw an ad for a BeerBox on an AHA email. My first concern knowing if the insides are clean between uses since it is opaque. I do like what looks like a simple tap head but I wonder how it pours given the pressure drop from inside to the tap. There may be internals that ease the drop or maybe it just meant to only dispense thru the long hose.

http://www.brewingtools.com/

I am a long time user of the Tap-A-Draft system and I love it since I've learned how to switch out the tubing. But I can see into the bottle enough for cleaning before sani and change out the bottles if necessary. It also fits on a short shelf in the fridge.

Any thoughts on this new BeerBox?

It looks pretty cool. To be honest, if you just use some PBW and fill it completely and leave it there for an hour or so... I don't think you will have to worry about seeing in there correctly. If you like the Tap-A-Draft system, this looks like its pretty convenience and even would fit on a shelf in the fridge. And its nice that its brown to block the light so as not to degrade the quality of your beer. If I didn't have a kegerator I would probably check this out.

Seems a little pricy to me. I paid $70 each for 2 new 2.5 gallon corny's (the Italian made ones), $15 for the charger and I already had the faucet and QDs. Even so, If it were me, I'd go the Stainless Steel rout. If you shop around you can get a 2/2.5 gallon corny set up for right at that price.

Also I'm with you on the cleaning, looks like a real PIA. Plus, what's the pressure rating on these things? That's what I love about my mini corny's I can quick carb, sugar carb, or just hook them up and carb them up like I do any other keg.

Good idea, love the portability, just seems like the price point is a tad high for me, at least for plastic.

Yeah probably paying a higher premium because they have poor manufacturing channels. And also it looks relatively new. Its unfortunate that most people that make new items do not have the best business sense.

Back