The 25 Most Important Craft Beers Ever Brewed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadwolfbones

Reaction score
Pretty cool article I ran across today. I agree with most of these picks. Impressive panel of judges, too.

http://www.foodandwine.com/beer/craft-beer/25-most-important-american-craft-beers-ever-brewed

Side note: I'm reading a book right now called "The Audacity of Hops" that charts the birth and formation of the craft beer movement (and, not coincidentally, homebrewing) in America. The story of Anchor and Maytag in particular is pretty fascinating.

Good book, worth reading.

Yeah, Pete's got a mention in the book I was talking about, mainly because they helped popularize contract brewing, but also because they showed brown ales could be flagship beers.

I am actually surprised that Pete's Wicked Ale didn't make the list. I would have to guess that Pete's and Sam Adam's constituted most of Americans' first exposure to the "craft brewing movement".

EDIT: Posted in synch with the two above... just Amtrak's wifi was slow.

Back