The 2015 BrewUnited Challenge (with >$2900 of prizes) is open for registration!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdad

Reaction score
I am so, so, so stoked about this. We are officially open for registration, folks!

If you are interested in a slightly different kind of competition, one that asks you to go above and beyond in less than ideal circumstances to still make great beer... this is the competition for you. And, of course, if you like prizes... there are better than $2900 worth of them available. :D

Official competition page is here!

So... a few hours in, we are already right at 25% of the entry cap. The response has been fun!

A mere 22 hours into the registration process, we have already exceeded 100 beers entered into the comp. Folks, that's a third of our planned entry cap!

I'm sure that the crazy prizes have something to do with this, but I like to think that the challenge is a big factor, too.

Judging does not happen until October 25th. However, at this point, registration is full. I'm sure the fatc that we're now over $3800 worth of prizes doesn't hurt...

We do have a wait list set up in case any entries become available - either because someone wants to back out, or we decide to add a very few extra slots.

Those on the wait list will be notified on a first come, first served basis.

Happy to help. If you think that you might want to enter, the wait list is a good idea, as it costs nothing to get on.

Registration filled up pretty fast... we hit 103% of the capacity in 27 days. The overfill came from situations where people had registered, but paid for their entries after we cut off registration; we decided to allow those to stay, since they didn't break up flights or anything.

Back