THC Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5mg should be your minimum. Anything less is likely going to just be a waste.
Unless he’s a 3 beer a night drinker and edibles effect him differently. I will throw this out there that I personally need at least 10mg lol

I’m considering doing this for about a dozen bottles when bottling time comes. Are you saying that 5ml from a tincture is plenty for a 5 gallon batch? I’m trying to figure out dosing to make this a mild experience... For a guy like me, there’s a real fine line between having fun and not having fun...

Dan

I believe I was using 1mil drops per 12oz. Not 5 mil..

I should add i had no way to figure out how much thc per drop i was adding.

Last edited:
I think that I read a while back about a brewery in Canada that was planning on giving it a try.

In 2018 I visited Roarchach Brewery in Toronto, and one of their folks was talking about doing this. There was yet some issue about commercially combining alcohol & THC, but recreational laws were still quite new then.

Has anyone ever brewed a thc beer? I just recently did and cant wait to try it out! Its just a 1 1/2 gal second pull batch with 4 grams of pure kief. Should be about 3% abv not sure the mg per 12 oz but yeah should be good

You mean THC as in weed beer? Yeah, I did that. Had a grower give be 6 plants worth of clippings and such. Stems too. Made a low hopped pale ale. I boiled all the weed stuffs and made a gallon of weed tea. Put it in the four gallons of pale ale in the secondary (five gallon recipe made as four gallons). Came out great. called it Stems and Seeds. Tasted really good and had a nice light aroma of some sweet sticky bud.

You mean THC as in weed beer? Yeah, I did that. Had a grower give be 6 plants worth of clippings and such. Stems too. Made a low hopped pale ale. I boiled all the weed stuffs and made a gallon of weed tea. Put it in the four gallons of pale ale in the secondary (five gallon recipe made as four gallons). Came out great. called it Stems and Seeds. Tasted really good and had a nice light aroma of some sweet sticky bud.
But did it make you crave Doritos?

With harvest season approaching, this is a timely topic. I once had a beer brewed with 8 oz of flower in a 10 gal batch and it tasted great but had no effect. You need to decarboxylate the THC and you might as well make and add a tincture. This video describes a ‘saison du chron’ that could be worth trying.

Back