That One Special Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW: I've been wondering. Is that a picture of you in your avatar? If so, I'll PM you my phone number.

Gotta wonder about the butter though. That can't be good for head retention. ;)

Gotta wonder about the butter though. That can't be good for head retention. ;)

My thoughts exactly, I've roasted my own grains before and didn't use butter, I don't think you would need it in this case either.

Roasted pumpkin seeds?

I will give you credit for your creativity but making a post like this is only asking for trouble. While the ideas you have are unique it's all been done before. Frankly, I would MAYBE try the beers once but it's not like I would buy a six pack once a week or visit a pub just to have these beers. Same thing goes with most other extreme breweries. If not for Dogfish Head's IPA's I'd probably never drink anything from them aside to try the occasional beer.

Good luck in your going professional endeavors. There are a lot of folks around here that share the same dream.

Oh and...
I know nothing about you... except your name, age, how many kids you have and their ages, your hobbies, favorite football team, congrats on the prize for your honey oatmeal bread... I feel kinda creepy now, but it's amazing what Google can do.

Creepy? Maybe. Awesome? Definately!!!

Oh and...
I know nothing about you... except your name, age, how many kids you have and their ages, your hobbies, favorite football team, congrats on the prize for your honey oatmeal bread... I feel kinda creepy now, but it's amazing what Google can do.

Don't forget his occupation, where he lives, his political/religous beliefs, the gaming platform he owns and ofcourse his favorite hot pepper ;)

If nothing else, we learned today that using the same username on every forum you participate in is NOT a good idea.

Don't forget his occupation, where he lives, his political/religous beliefs, the gaming platform he owns and ofcourse his favorite hot pepper ;)

If nothing else, we learned today that using the same username on every forum you participate in is NOT a good idea.

Or that linking your FB page to your common handle isn't a good idea either. And yeah, pumpkin seeds? I found two beers right off the bat when I googled it, lets just say the companies making them aren't exactly making Utopia prices per bottle. Neat idea though, I'll consider it for my next pumpkin ale.

Don't think I don't know what you all did!!! This was the plan all along.

"Let's al harass him until he coughs it up"

No doubt I can be a dick.

But evidently so can 90% of the rest of you here!lol.

Roasted Pumpkin seeds it is.

No butter.

I roast them in cinnamon and brown sugar until almost burnt burnt.

Use a ton of seeds in 5 gallons. The flavor fades over the first month after carbing.

I use 8 lbs 2 row
8 oz debittered black malt
1.2 lbs crystal 60L
8 oz roasted malt

1 oz fuggles 45 minutes

I don't measure the cinnamon, but it is a lot.

I was going to share this eventually, I do not claim to be a genius.

Anyone who is skeptical of this without brewing it can phuck off rather than post here. THANKS!

Don't think I don't know what you all did!!! This was the plan all along.

"Let's al harass him until he coughs it up"

No doubt I can be a dick.

But evidently so can 90% of the rest of you here!lol.

Roasted Pumpkin seeds it is.

No butter.

I roast them in cinnamon and brown sugar until almost burnt burnt.

Use a ton of seeds in 5 gallons. The flavor fades over the first month after carbing.

I use 8 lbs 2 row
8 oz debittered black malt
1.2 lbs crystal 60L
8 oz roasted malt

1 oz fuggles 45 minutes

I don't measure the cinnamon, but it is a lot.

I was going to share this eventually, I do not claim to be a genius.

Anyone who is skeptical of this without brewing it can phuck off rather than post here. THANKS!

So now that the big secret is revealed we can ask you questions about the recipe. If only this thread was started in a different manner the responses would have been better received.

Aside from the cinnamon, brown sugar ( don't forget a pinch of nutmeg and allspice per the recipe from the pepper website :) ) do the seeds actually impart a pumpkin flavor? Or are they merely a transportation vessel for the carmelized brown sugar and spices? Are you smoking the seeds with your smoker?

Oh, and dude, calm the phuck down. Nobody is insulting your recipe its just the way you came off in the first post. Remember, first impressions are everlasting.

So now that the big secret is revealed we can ask you questions about the recipe. If only this thread was started in a different manner the responses would have been better received.

Aside from the cinnamon, brown sugar ( don't forget a pinch of nutmeg and allspice per the recipe from the pepper website :) ) do the seeds actually impart a pumpkin flavor? Or are they merely a transportation vessel for the carmelized brown sugar and spices? Are you smoking the seeds with your smoker?

Oh, and dude, calm the phuck down. Nobody is insulting your recipe its just the way you came off in the first post. Remember, first impressions are everlasting.

Lol! I never got that upset. I just didn't understand why people thought I was cocky or stuck up.

NO pumpkin flavor whatsoever.

THIS IS NOT A PUMPKIN BEER. (sorry for yelling;))

No other spices. No smoker....(?)

The seeds impart incredible nuttyness. Not just a vessel.

The recipe on this site and the pepper site were early versions, WAAAAAY different than the final.

Lol! I never got that upset. I just didn't understand why people thought I was cocky or stuck up.

NO pumpkin flavor whatsoever.

THIS IS NOT A PUMPKIN BEER. (sorry for yelling;))

No other spices. No smoker....(?)

The seeds impart incredible nuttyness. Not just a vessel.

The recipe on this site and the pepper site were early versions, WAAAAAY different than the final.

Mystery solved. Good research guys. Even if the recipe is "WAAAAY" different, that's all been done before as suspected.

Mystery solved. Good research guys. Even if the recipe is "WAAAAY" different, that's all been done before as suspected.

Of course it's been done. But I had never heard of it and neither had you.

Who has done it? Anyone I or you have ever heard of?(aside from this thread)

I am interested to hear.

Obviously Walker has nothing to do but search stuff. And he is good at it.

So I am not a full time computer nerd google boy. Get over it.

Um, there are 3 examples directly above your last post.

Of course it's been done. But I had never heard of it and neither had you.

True. I had not heard of it before, but I was specifically addressing this comment from you, I added the underlined part.

I will give no clues, but it something that I have never seen, despite many searches.

You clearly didn't do ANY searches, because all I typed after figuring what it was was "pumpkin seed beer" in google and started finding commercial beers that used them.

Try to get a good grip on lagering vs cold crashing before you go pro.:D

The only issue I see with "going pro" with this is exactly what you just said here, the flavor fades. Now I'd imagine it might stick around a little more in a keg, but if the flavor dissipates, some people may never get the full experience....

Um, there are 3 examples directly above your last post.

True. I had not heard of it before, but I was specifically addressing this comment from you, I added the underlined part.

You clearly didn't do ANY searches, because all I typed after figuring what it was was "pumpkin seed beer" in google and started finding commercial beers that used them.

No, I did search but it's been months.

I saw the ground seeds in the great pumpkin beer (I consider that completely different since it is a pumpkin beer to begin with)

I honestly don't believe the other one was there.

You did good! It is what it is.

Now we can get to the stage where we can be useful. The only issue I see with "going pro" with this is exactly what you just said here, the flavor fades. Now I'd imagine it might stick around a little more in a keg, but if the flavor dissipates, some people may never get the full experience....

That is why you use a ton. The flavor starts out strong and fades to a good level.

I used a little the first time, and it went from perfect to lacking.

Now it goes from overwhelming to perfect. (I would say that 4 cups of seeds is the end amount)

puh-leez. it took me less than 5 minutes to find your recipes. :rolleyes:

"cheezydemon beer recipe" on google and BAM... there it was.

All these other guys that found the recipe did not get any tips from me either. I told you I would not disclose it, and I stuck to my word.

I found it independantly just using "cheezydemon brew" and going to the first page that wasn't HBT and had a beer recipe on it. Literally took me only a handful of minutes, certainly less than 5. Oh, and yeah, I work IT full time, thanks for the compliment :D

I still think the secret ingredient is people, I think the whole pumpkin seed thing is a misdirection.

Dahmer Dunkelweizen
Corpsinator dopplebock
or just the simple Soylent Green for St Patrick's day

puh-leez. it took me less than 5 minutes to find your recipes. :rolleyes:

"cheezydemon beer recipe" on google and BAM... there it was.

All these other guys that found the recipe did not get any tips from me either. I told you I would not disclose it, and I stuck to my word.

I know you did! I was refering to your skills at searching for "other" pumpkin seed recipes.

I was not setting out on this thread thinking that people would be hell bent on uncovering the recipe.

I was asking a philosophical question BECAUSE I FELT BAD WITHHOLDING THE RECIPE!!!!lol.

Google Cheezydemon, we get everything from your FB page to the Jalapeno board you posted the recipe on. And an old HBT handle with a recipe with pumpkin seeds, I'm assuming that was you, why change accounts?

That is why you use a ton. The flavor starts out strong and fades to a good level.

I used a little the first time, and it went from perfect to lacking.

Now it goes from overwhelming to perfect. (I would say that 4 cups of seeds is the end amount)

Noted

I know you did! I was refering to your skills at searching for "other" pumpkin seed recipes.
Oh... you mean my adeptness at typing "pumpkin seed beer" into google and looking at just the first few results?

Yeah... I've been honing that skill for a while.

I was not setting out on this thread thinking that people would be hell bent on uncovering the recipe.

I was asking a philosophical question BECAUSE I FELT BAD WITHHOLDING THE RECIPE!!!!lol.

You could have just asked, "Do you guys share all your recipes, or do you withhold anything?" and left it at that. This thread would have gone much differently.

INstead, you puffed yourself up, gloated about the recipe, refused to share it and had a "I know something you don't know" attitude,

This thread did get a little ugly, but in all honesty, the driving force behind that was you.

This is kinda strange. Yea I found within a minute and a half the exact recipe, posted on HBT.com no less, under a different name, but the name was just cheezydemon so its obviously you. why would you actually post the recipe, and then come here saying its secret when you already put it on the web.

I did the search, but couldn't find the "never before used ingredient" because I'd seen pumpkin seeds used before and assumed that couldn't be it. *shrug* Turned out to be pretty anticlimactic.

I did the search, but couldn't find the "never before used ingredient" because I'd seen pumpkin seeds used before and assumed that couldn't be it. *shrug* Turned out to be pretty anticlimactic.

I thought that at first too, but at the bottom of his recipe he posted he typed "truly unique". That was the dead giveaway.

I knew this thread was going to end in disappointment but hey, we got some good entertainment out of it while it lasted.

Yeah, I just finished reading the entire thread. I wish I had used that time to wash my dog.
I too found the Pumkinseed thread early on but dismissed it as the "Secret Ingredient" just because it didnt seem so secret.
Sigh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back