Thanks, Everybody!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlanoue

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help I got from this board in making our Christmas presents this year. Our families all got 2 six-packs of home-brew using recipes I borrowed from here. I had to modify them a bit, because I wanted to use up ingredients I already had, but I think they turned out good.

I used Orfy's Mild Mannered as a starting point for one, but because I have a ton of 6-row ( I got a really good deal on it awhile ago) I used that and decided to call it a "Traditional English Ale Warped by Hick Midwestern Sensibilities" and named it after Millsdale, a local ghost town near my home.

I also made the Centennial Blonde as an extract with steeping grains, but added the extract at the end and didn't adjust the hops, so it has a pretty strong citrusy flavor right now and is really bitter. I named it "Hoppy Harlow."

I told everybody to wait a few weeks before cracking them open. We'll see how that goes.

Anyhow, thanks for the recipes and the all around discussions that have helped me figure out what to do.

Latest posts

Back