Thank you father time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsfan76

Reaction score
Second batch was disappointing at first but as the advice always reads"give it time" ! Yes. So true so true. Just a simple little short week more sitting in the fridge and it was night and day! Great beer! And my faith is once again restored in my ability to home brew! I promise to learn patience for the next batch, but lets also be honest here, I'm gonna drink it anyway! It's just more satisfying when it tastes great!

First batch was a kit ipa, and was so good. Second was a pale ale , and i expected the same results in the same time frame. But it just was no good at first. I racked my brain to see if there was any where along the way that I screwed up. Hydrometer readings, temps, sanitation... Everything was by the book. But the flavor was off. I left it alone, every day I opened the fridge and got mad at myself as I stared at the bottles in there. Finally I said to hell with it and opened another one up to taste! Better than Christmas morning!

I have another five gallons on deck to be bottled next week and now that I've learned my lesson I know I'll probably leave that one to sit until New Year's Eve.

Back