Texas is full of morons!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy-Klubb

HBT Berry Puncher
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I lied and do NOT believe what I just said. now that I have your attention: I've been looking for a band I believe was from TX called "Cannibal Crew". I Googled and the closest thing I could find was a couple show posters. I had a cassette tape of theirs well over a decade ago, but it got ruined by a roommate. I would like any info if any of y'all can. this is one of the posters.

crew.jpg

Your ass is about to be full of morons!

Are they rock-a-Billy or like Cannibal Corpse?

neither, but I see what you did there.:rockin: I found the old base player's tattoo studio and got a reply from the guy that did the cover art! I'm pretty floccin' stoked!

I just came in to agree, but I see this is about heavy guitar based music so I'll stick around.

When were they active?

I found Two Live Crew and Motley Crue. That help any?

How about Texas Hippie Coalition?

The Texas Playboys use to play at my second favorite indoor venue, Cain's Ballroom (so gy named Bob Wills played with them I hear). Does that help? I saw Lyle Lovett there and he is from Texas.

I found Two Live Crew and Motley Crue. That help any?

How about Texas Hippie Coalition?

The Texas Playboys use to play at my second favorite indoor venue, Cain's Ballroom (so gy named Bob Wills played with them I hear). Does that help? I saw Lyle Lovett there and he is from Texas.

if either of you wonder tomorrow why someone would poop on your neighbors windshield, that was me.

Your poster looks like a Three Floyds bottle label... I'd start there... I feel this the appropriate time to use the word "kudos" (never used before) to your thread title.

Are there any really good college radio stations in, say, Austin? Call them. Better yet, if they have a metal/punk/etc show, wait until it's on and call the host.

I also came in to disagree based on the thread title.

Texas is not full of morons, they have room for plenty more.

Carry on.

That's what I was thinking! And most of them have driver's licenses and are on the road at any given time. But it's a huge state, and it's certainly not completely full yet.

Do you know that there are people in my neighborhood who don't even speak Spanish? And they expect to live here. Umpff. If they want to live here, they should learn the damn language!

Luckily, our basic cable has three or four Spanish language channels to help out.

That's what I was thinking! And most of them have driver's licenses and are on the road at any given time. But it's a huge state, and it's certainly not completely full yet.

Do you know that there are people in my neighborhood who don't even speak Spanish? And they expect to live here. Umpff. If they want to live here, they should learn the damn language!

Luckily, our basic cable has three or four Spanish language channels to help out.

So you're saying Texas and Arizona have a lot in common? I've lived here 35 years and still don't speak the language. :drunk:

Oh and my first two cassette tapes (bought them both with my first paycheck in 1985). Prtetty eclectic. It all went crazy from there. Everything from Suicidal Tendencies to Depeche Mode to Madonna to NWA.

We should require an access test and charge a cover. Maybe issue only temporary visas.

Contacting a radio station is a good idea. You must have some Texan blood in you. Try KKXT.

I'm trying. I used to work in kitchens and spoke enough Spanish to get by but could understand it perfectly. After 7 years of not hearing it I only know a little of what's being said and lack the confidence to try speaking it.

I want to know Spanish.

I have not the Texan blood! one of my brothers and one of my sisters do though. they don't know nuthin though. I like sake.

Do you know a name of anyone? My BIL is in the local metal scene. I can ask him if he knows them.

I'm trying. I used to work in kitchens and spoke enough Spanish to get by but could understand it perfectly. After 7 years of not hearing it I only know a little of what's being said and lack the confidence to try speaking it.

I want to know Spanish.

Do you know a name of anyone? My BIL is in the local metal scene. I can ask him if he knows them.

Chris Trevino was the bassist. and apparently an amazing tattoo artist @PERFECTION TATTOO | 4205 GUADALUPE AUSTIN, TX 78751! so far I just talked to the guy that did the cover photo of the tape I used to have. if you can find a cassette (or CD!!!) I'm sure I can come up with very fair trade!

You bite your fvcking tongue! Oh wait, never mind. I've been out of the Texas music scene for 20 years. Never heard of them. Sorry. I still have 300-400 cassette tapes at home though. And Yoop, you don't really LIVE in Texas, you just visit for months at a time. So you don't count as one of the morons :D

You bite your fvcking tongue! Oh wait, never mind. I've been out of the Texas music scene for 20 years. Never heard of them. Sorry. I still have 300-400 cassette tapes at home though. And Yoop, you don't really LIVE in Texas, you just visit for months at a time. So you don't count as one of the morons :D

Gee, thanks!

I mixed up Chris Trevino and Justin Trevino in my mind, and I sat for a minute scratching my head at why Billy would find Justin Trevino reclusive and obsure and awesome.

(Now, I think Justin is just fine as a singer, but traditional honky country is not my thing so don't send nasty letters if you are Justin Trevino's number one fan. He's a nice guy, and I know folks in his band and some of the people he performs with, but he's definitely NOT who billy was looking for!)

Anyway, no real point to that, except if you want to youtube Justin Trevino you'll see what I was a little confused and now am literally LOL at my stupidity.

Cool. I'm still waiting to hear back. A few more hours now.

So...how is everyone?

Full of Taco Bell. I live in Texas, I have access to amazing Mexican and Tex-Mex, but I had Taco Bell. I just love it so much.

Latest posts

Back