temp controller question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajt012

Reaction score
I'm going to be building my keezer soon, but am currently looking into temp controllers. I really like the look of the love controllers but can't figure out for the life of me if I'd have to wire it myself into the freezer of it's a "plug-n-play" type deal.
If anyone could please help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I'm just wasting my time with the love controller and another would be better, don't be afraid to try and persuade me.

Thanx.

Love controllers are great. You'll have to wire them yourself, but it's not difficult.

The Ranco I have is plug and play. You won't win style points and you have to put the probe in the control area, but it's very easy. - Dwain

Has anyone noticed that all the digital controllers seem to be out of stock right now? At least at my usual haunts (Norther Brewer, B3, Midwest, etc)? The only thing I'm finding are the analog Johnson controllers. The digital Johnson and Ranco's all appear to be unavailable and have been for a while now.

Got my love controller at Drillspot.com.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/466548/Love_TSX-10140_Temperature_Switch

I had to wire it up myself, but I didn't have to splice it directly into the freezer. I just got an extension cord, cut it in half, wired the controller into it, then plugged the freezer into the cord. Very easy.

Wiring it wasn't difficult, but I needed help to figure out which wires go where. Here's the thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/temperature-controller-wiring-help-129200/

Another member posted a nice little diagram in there which did the trick for me, but note, it may not be good for other Love models.

I picked up a Ranco on ebay for $46. Use esipe.com to bid on anything at Ebay and you can score a good deal, if you're patient.

thanks for all the replies, but i feel if i cut into any power line, something might blow up, and people wouldn't be to happy if that happened. I ended up just buying a Ranco like 30 min ago. prewired of course.

Back