• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kansas Temp Controller, Flashed w/ STC-1000+, Fahrenheit Display

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilconrad

Reaction score
I recently built several temp controllers using Alphaomega’s STC-1000+ firmware and built a few more than I need, so am selling the rest. These are built around the the popular STC-1000 and are ready to use, just plug in your fridge & heater, run the temp probe and plug it in! These have been flashed with the awesome STC-1000+ v1.03 Firmware that Alphaomega has developed, so they read in Fahrenheit and are capable of executing complex temperature profiles (including ramping between temperatures) similar to much more expensive devices.

A few features:
• Dual Stage (controls heating & cooling)
• Temp reads in Fahrenheit
• Programmable with up to 6 unique fermentation temperature profiles
• Separate delay settings for heating & cooling
• Flame-retardant ABS enclosure
• Wired with heavy duty 14ga wire
• Protected with a slow-blow fuse
• 10A Capacity

Included:
• STC-1000+ ready to plug in and use
• Temperature sensor (already connected)
• Power cord
• Instruction manual for STC-1000+ operation

Price: $55 Shipped
Please PM me if interested

DSC00697 (Medium).jpg

DSC00699 (Medium).jpg

Awesome job on making it a compact clean setup!!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Well that was quick, all 7 sold pending payment. Seems to be quite a bit of interest in these things.

The wife is out of town this weekend, so I ordered some more parts and will spend the weekend building some more of these. Since this no longer aligns with the intent of this "for sale" forum, I'll make a quick website to sell these things and post the link here, or just put them up on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nice design. I would have gone with a quick connect on the temp probe as well.

I'll take one. PM me with details on how you want payment and I'll get you my address to ship too

I'll take one if you shoot me a message on how to contact you

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I would like to buy one of these if you build more of them. PM me please with the info.

Everyone who paid today should have received tracking info from me (via PM) or from Paypal (via email). If you didn't, and you sent me $ today, PM me.

As I mentioned before, the interest level in these things was pretty strong, so I'm gonna whip up another batch of them. I'll post a link here once I've got more available. If you PM'd me about buying one and didn't hear back, I'll respond as soon as I have more units available.

Thanks everyone!

Slick looking build. If I hasn't just built one I'd be all over this. Way to fill a niche!

I'll take one on the next round of builds. Do you want a pm or... how would you like to track your requests?

Thanks in advance

Swifty

I'll take one on the next round of builds. Do you want a pm or... how would you like to track your requests?

Thanks in advance

Swifty

I nerded out and made a basic website last night to sell the next round of these things (since they're not really "extras" at this point so I shouldn't be selling them in this forum). I'm building a batch of them today and tomorrow and will post the link here once I've got them built.

Will post back here soon, thanks!

I'll have another 25 units built this weekend, so if you're still interested in ordering one of these please go to blackboxbrew.com and click the paypal button at the bottom of the main screen.

And yeah, I know the name is a little unoriginal; as an engineer it's the best I could do :)

Based on the number of PMs I've gotten in the past 2 days, I guess these will go pretty quickly so I'll keep an eye on it and close it down once they're gone. Might make a 3rd batch if there appears to be continued interest. Thanks everyone.

Just ordered using the website... it was easy.... picking up a freezer tomorrow or Monday... so... woohoo!

Woohoo! All done. Took all of like 3 minutes. You, my friend have hit yourself on quite the enterprise in our community. Especially for those of us that like our gadgets but don't really have the detailed know how that you have to go full tilt DIY. Thanks a bunch!

Just ordered one from the site THANKS

Just purchased one unit. Looks good can't wait.

Thanks guys!

FYI, hope you saw the notice I posted on the website but I'm out of town until Friday so can't ship until then. The orders that came in last night were shipped this morning, but the orders that came in this morning won't get out until Friday. Sorry for the inconvenience; if that's too late for you, let me know and I'll refund your $.

Thanks!

So you probably go ahead and register as a vendor at this point ;) surprised the watchdogs havent' called you out yet

this thing is sweet

ordered one this morning. i think it's great b/c i wanted to DIY the STC build but I don't lots of time right now plus this one is F, even better, worth the $!

Side question: what's the diameter of the probe?

Thanks Jaydog!

The probe is just slightly smaller than 1/4". I put mine in a thermowell that is 1/4" ID and it fits with very little clearance.

Thanks Jaydog!

The probe is just slightly smaller than 1/4". I put mine in a thermowell that is 1/4" ID and it fits with very little clearance.

Awesome exactly what I was hoping for!

Just ordered one on the website. Thought about building my own, but this seams much easier. :)

Got mine today. Haven't unpacked it yet nor do I have a fermentation fridge yet :)

Does the unit operate heat and cooling simultaneously or is there a switch to choose one or the other? Also, how does the probe hold up in liquid? (Beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back