Temp control sensor =- where to put sensor ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster

Reaction score
Just got a temp control for my home made one tower kegerator, where is the best place to stick the sensor ?!?!

Can I just drill a hole anywhere ?

Thanks in advance...

If its a kegerator, doesnt it already stay at the temps you need? Usually temperature controls are only necessary if your using a freezer because they get too cold.

That said, if possible i'd bring it in from door seal...not sure what sensor you have but most can be snaked inside the hinges with the door open, the door usually can still close...if its too fat and this doesnt work and the front door wont close anymore, you should only drill in from the top or find some way to snake it down your existing tower hole.

I have a keezer, I have mine about 1/2 way down and in an area in which it is free from touching anything (sides of the keezers, kegs, etc.). I also have a fan the circulates the air around inside there.

As far as drilling, it really depends on what you are using for your kegarator, but as FuzzeWuzze said above, I'd would avoid drilling the appliance itself if at all possible.

That said, if possible i'd bring it in from door seal...not sure what sensor you have but most can be snaked inside the hinges with the door open,

Good idea - it is a kegerator but I was having problems with it freezing the beer even at the lowest setting - not sure why..... with this temp controller, temp is perfect now... but Im just sticking the sensor in the door when I close it...

I have a big deep freezer that I have 3 6-gallon buckets fermenting in right now. I taped the temp probe directly on one of the buckets and taped a few layers of paper over the temp probe so it can read the temperature coming off the bucket. I tried just hanging the temp probe in the freezer, but found that the actual temp on the bucket was higher than that of the ambient in the freezer (according to the fermometer sticker on the bucket).

Also if its a kegerator, put some small thing if sanitized water in there and leave the probe emerged in that. You dont want to be moving your probe around. I use an old Starsan 8oz container, you could use anything really thats small enough to fit in your kegerators extra space...just leave the probe in that. it will take that liquid a long time to change temperature, so the simple act of opening and closing your kegerator wont force your fridge into super cold levels. if the 8oz liquid is 40F, eventually your keg will get 40F.

Latest posts

Back