Tell us what your first beer was

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh jeez, I wish I remembered this. I definitely sipped beers as a kid, although not much because my father didn't really drink until later in life. The first one I really remember clearly was a Crazy Horse 40oz that my cousin and I asked some old guy to buy for us.

I've come a long way ;)

Man I remember the days of drinking Crazy Horse and St. Ides! My first beer that I can remember was Schmidts, shared with my father.

Old millwaukee a friend and I stole out of an employees car that worked on the farm he lived on. I think we were 11 years old and it was the middle of summer.

Mmmm hot ol millfunky:drunk:

Besides the few sips of my Dad's beer when I was a kid, my first beer was Country Club Malt Liquor. I was 18 and my 20 year old brother got me drunk on the stuff.

Geez, I don't remember! I mean, c'mon it was at least 35 years ago!

I DO remember having an older friend buy Rolling Rock for us, as it was the cheapest **** beer in the store and we gagged it all down. I was probably about 13-15 or so.

First beer - Busch, head for the mountains baby! I remember thinking, "Man there has to be a better way to make this stuff!"

First craft beer was Anchor Steam, then whatever they had on tap at some place called Schlafly, they couldn't do much in AB's backyard ya know ;), snuck in for High School graduation and made the horrible decision to celebrate my 21st birthday there. Good times.

Carona. About 2 weeks before my 21st birthday. I hated it. New castle was next, not too bad... Then one night with a buddy we killed a suitcase of natty ice.

Coors light, unfortunately. tasted like piss that time, tastes like piss now

First taste? I think it was a keystone light my dad gave me a drink of. First full beer? No idea. Maybe corona if I had to guess.

Budweiser when I was about 7 or so. My grandpa set it down while working on a car and I took a sip, and spit it out. He was pissed, but I'm 99% sure he knew I'd do it and wanted to see my face.

My first taste I must have been 3 or 4. My dad hasn't drank beer in 30 years but somehow I can still remember getting PBR returnables at the drivethru. My dad gave me a sip. Dont remember if i liked it or not. Probably not. My first beer when I was a bit older was a Genny Cream Ale out of my gramps basement. I thought it was disgusting. It might have gone bad tho. My gramps doesn't drink beer either.

I bought a six pack of Zing (NA) when I was maybe 10. We took it to our tree fort. Sip...yuck...another sip...yuck...until it was gone. My first real beer was I think a Pabst that I traded my younger cousin a cigar for.

I'm with Yooper that it had to have been 35 + years ago. Butbased on where I lived, it was probably Hamm's or Schmidt. First one I bought (legally), Mickey's Big Mouth.

Corona. I kept thinking there was something better. Turns out I was right. :)

Feeling like one of the old guys since it was more than 20 years ago, but first was mickeys and later when I was of age in the military, red wolf and rolling rock. None of them memorable, but they got the job done

First tastes was probably when I was about 10.. my friend's dad had a bunch of cases of budweiser stashed for a party and we each took one. I think we sprayed more beer out than we actually drank. In high school was my first time actually drinking full beers, we drank what we could get - Pete's Wicked, Miesterbrau, and Mickey's are all right around then. Not sure, but I think Pete's might have been the first.

Aside from a sip or two of my fathers Old Style as a kid, my first legal beer was a six pack of Leinenkugels Northwood Lager. I recall I was sitting around the firepit at the cabin in the northwoods, I split that sixer with my old man while talking about doing some fly fishing out on the lake the next morning.

Good times..

Michelob with the gold foil. I was around 18. One of the guys was passing them around at a party so I got in line. I had been drinking "Wine Coolers" for a while since they were "3.2" and I was old enough to buy them. Needless to say I never turned around again. I continued to drink Michelob until someone introduced me to my first Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout.

moosehead_bottle_and_cap_sticker__78633.jpg

Edit: think I was around 14--just coming back to camp from a 15+ mile hike with my dad through the mountains around Twin Lakes, CA.

First beer drank - Michelob light, age 11ish, sneaked one out of the garage. First GOOD beer drank - Bell's Solsun(now Oberon), age 16(hated it at first). First beer brewed - Brewer's Best Tripel recipe kit(tasted alright but the color looked more like an amber than a tripel)

Mine was the beast(Milwaukee's Best ). Me and my older brother snuck them out of my dads boat in the live well. Tasted like piss. But we forced them down. I was around 9 I think. I was 19 before I tasted anything besides bud light. My taste have progressively gotten better since.

I tasted a budweiser when I was like 3, my first full beer was at 15, Tecate! I've grown so much since then.

It's been a bit over 50 years ago,but I remember my dad setting his bottle of Carling Black Label on a stump to do something...liked it so much I killed it. He was kinda hacked/surprised,but as I remember he laughed later. I remember drinking Miller's & JD back when you had to know the folks at the liquor store to know when the next batch of JD was coming in. I was 21 then. Drank whatever could be had in junior high.

Coors light. I was like 10 years old helping my grandfather mow the lawn. I remember he liked to crack a can when doing work around the house. I can't say I liked it very much, but every time he'd offer me a sip I never turned it down...

A 10 year old Olympia Light. It was carefully aged in a fridge in my Grandfather's barn. It's a wonder I ever drank again.

Had a sip of piss warm Molson Canadien out of an old can when I was 13 or 14. So disgusting I didn't try another beer until I was 18 when my buddies and I found a case of Utica Club. While barely drinkable, to this day I still have an affinity for low quality, small distribution beers like the UC and Natty Boh.

Soon after that I discovered Saranac's Black Forest which was the gateway beer from which all other craft brew experiences followed...

I have no idea, but I have this distinct memory of being at Milwaukee's County Stadium as a little kid and either my Dad or my Grandpa gave me a little sip of beer.

Fast-forward to me as a 30-something beer geek tasting Duvel for the first time. For whatever reason, the taste of Duvel made that County Stadium memory rush back.

I'm currently trying to formulate a recipe that'll bring that back again. I'm thinking a lawnmower beer with small 30 and 5 minute additions of continental hops, probably Saaz.

Back