Tell us About Your Earworms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a thread about music people were listening to. How about a thread about music you hate but can't help listening to, even if you hate it? Earworms!

This year alone, I've had:

1. Champagne Charlie is my Name - Leon Redbone
2. Venus - Shocking Blue/Bananarama
3. The Thong Song - Sisqo
4. I Don't Want Nobody but You - Horrible song I heard in Singapore stores and restaurants.
5. Third-Rate Romance - The Amazing Rhythm Aces

I like Venus by shocking blue.
And 500 miles :)

Man, I thought this thread would be 'bout them insects.

But yes, I got those tunes that suddenly get into your head and you can't get rid of them
Just can't think of any right now that anyone would now.
I got a spate of Dutch kiddie songs going and I so wish to replace them

I think whether you like a song depends partially on whether you've been hearing it in your head for the last 15 hours.

Man, I hate the Proclaimers. I heard them at the grocery the other day.

Come around christmas, I hate that reindeer. They play Rudolph from around October in the shops.
By November I want to slaughter and eat it.
By December, anyway to get rid of it is fine.

Good memories of a party where the played 500 miles

Earworms are both a blessing and a curse for me. As a guitar player I'm on a constant search for inspiration. That's what gets me motivated to practice. There's always a cool riff, progression or guitar tone out there that lights the fire. Once the fire starts to burn, it turns into an incredible earworm situation. I wake up from a dead sleep with it on my mind, it's always present until I record and release it on youtube. That seems to be the only way to release the tune from my mind -- and then it's on to the next thing.

With all of this rain we've been having songs and dripping reverb guitar jam tones tied to water, rain and rivers are sticking around. So right now my earworms are:
"Take Me Too The River" by Talking heads
"The River Knows Your Name" by John Hiatt

I once had a dream where I saw a bunch of persecuted Jews in a basement room lit by candles. A little boy stood up and sang a song which seemed to be in Hebrew. I thought it was wonderful. When I woke up, I turned on my computer and wrote the song out in Finale. What a pretty tune.

Then I realized it was the background music from a Fiat commercial.

CSB: When I was in college I worked as an engineering intern at an electronics manufacturer during the summers. This was back when a lot of electronic goods were still made here, and we had a large group of assemblers out on the factory floor, stuffing parts into printed circuit boards. One of the engineers had an evil streak. Every time he went out onto the floor near the assemblers, he'd be singing some horrible song, just to plant it in the heads of those poor assemblers.

"Love...love will keep us together..."

Most pop music from the eighties, I grew up with them. Luckily I got a big collection (and Spotify) of heavy metal/hardrock/death metal/progressive metal/stoner doom rock to drive them out.

I don't even listen to any radio when I can, because it's always a whole lot of the same things they play. I need randomness.

It's not really an earworm, but youtube WILL NOT stop shoving Tainted Love, and Twightlight Zone down my throat....

When I woke up, I turned on my computer and wrote the song out in Finale. What a pretty tune.

Then I realized it was the background music from a Fiat commercial.
What do you do musically if you have Finale on your computer? Coming from another Finale user!

Heard about 10 seconds of The Replacements "I'll be you" and as much as I like the band, 2 days of that snippet playing in my head at 3am is enough already... #!%$ earworms!

This one has been with me for a while; at least I like the song. Have had earworms I did not like, that's no fun.

You people are wicked. Just thankful that video's don't autoplay on this forum! BTW, that Oktoberfest edition us the best thing ever.

Dangit, all day while I'm making Pastrami I'm gonna hear that aaaiiiiii

Back