Tea Wines

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

ethalfrida

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to winemaking and have only been brewing since July 2016. What an enjoyable and addicting activity.

Briefly, my friend gave me two very nice teas from a specialty shop she found on her vacation. I can't do the caffeine but was very appreciative of her gift. What to do? I made wine.

A nice a Mag Feng, a Butterfly Pea and a Jasmine. I just jumped on Google and found a recipe that I have used to create wines with nice body, great taste and is ready in 30 days. :rockin:

I got the base from Easymade Wine & Country Drinks. However, since there were other things sitting around unused I added rosemary syrup and dried cherries, allspice and cinnamon bark. I didn't use nutrient, just EC-1118 yeast.

So, has anyone else brewed any from tea. Would love to get more recipes.

clarkpadgett

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I made some tea wine when I was 12 (40 years ago). The recipe was from a book that belonged to my grandfather. The book, unfortunately, burned up in my house in 2003, but this looks to be the recipe I used. https://delishably.com/beverages/Recipe-How-to-make-Wine-from-Tea. My dad actually still had a little bit of it left when I was back visiting last July.

OP
E

ethalfrida

Reaction score
Yes, that would be the base I started with. The writer recommended the book. I got it on Amazon for $.01. It lends itself to so many adjustments. Thanks for posting. And I wish I had started making wine earlier. I bet you have some awesome recipes.