Tasting glassware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theo1069

Reaction score
So i'm hosting a craft and microbrew tasting for some friends and am having trouble finding glassware. Maybe i'm being too picky... or cheap. Troegs is right up the road from me and they have some awesome mini snifter glasses in their tasting room, but I have not been able to find anything like it.

I want something in the 3-5 oz range, preferably either a snifter or pilsner style. AND under a buck a piece. I only have so much money to spend on this party, and I would rather spend it on brewing ingredients.... :mug:

Something like this would work perfectly:
http://www.graphicice.com/index.php/action/prodspec/itemID/542196930

But, I don't need 50 and I don't need it screen printed.

Has anyone here hosted a tasting? If so, what kind of glassware did you use?

Ideas? Suggestions? I really don't want to resort to solo cups.

Thanks!
Theo

I know this isn't much of a help to you now, but for a while (not sure if it's still going), Midwest Supplies was including a free crystal tasting glass with every order over $40. I must have 12 or so of these things now, and they make great glasses for tasting parties. I believe you can buy them for $5 each from their website, too. I'm posting from my phone, so I don't have any pictures or links, sorry.

TB

Like said earlier go to a dollar store, my local good one is a dollar tree. They have very nice glasses for $1. I saw the same glasses sold in the supermarket for $3 on sale.

Back