Taste Test Pumpkin Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voltron

Reaction score
Last year I ran a ton of one gallon experimental batches. This pumkin mead is oneI wasnt sure how it was going to taste so did not want to risk five gallons if it was bad. Also to simplify things i made them all inmate style (but with an air lock) and just bottled them in recycled beer botttles and set them a side. So today im going to taste last years Pumkin mead, I can't find my log book with the ingredients , but i think imhad thrown in two cinnamon sticks into the batch.

IMG_7664.jpg

IMG_7665.JPG

so how'd it actually taste? Did you use anything other than cinnamon to make it "pumpkin"?

It was good and strong. It was semi dry (which is what i wanted) i dont know the exact abv bc it was inmate style and i dont do things exacrly as if i did a five gal batch, so i didnt take a hyrdometer reading. I have not looked for my ingredient log but I think I may have added a cup of brown sugar in addition to the the cinnamon sticks. When i do inmate style i smash a few raisains and throw those in instead of adding yeast nutrient.

it had a xmas feel to it :) Which was the goal. .i have a few bottle more recycle beer bottles of it and will have some on t-givings and xmas. But I like how it turn out, so im planning on starting a 3 gallon batch using more orthodox method instead of inmate style and bottling them for next years holiday.

Latest posts

Back