Taprite Regulator Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerGate

Reaction score
Not a new user my account got hosed somehow....

I have a dual regulator Taprite tap. One side produces super foamy beer and I can't seem to get a consistent pressure on it. If I tap on it the pressure gauge changes. I would say this is probably 20 years old. Are these rebuildable?

It can take a bit of searching but afaik all Taprite regulators are supported with rebuild kits in one form or another. For the 3700 series bodies the Taprite part number is 3740-19-sp and includes the diaphragm, pin valve capsule, and even includes the O-ring for the coupler stem...

Cheers!

It can take a bit of searching but afaik all Taprite regulators are supported with rebuild kits in one form or another. For the 3700 series bodies the Taprite part number is 3740-19-sp and includes the diaphragm, pin valve capsule, and even includes the O-ring for the coupler stem...

Cheers!

I am finally getting around to rebuilding this. I cannot determine if the series is the 3700 series. Can you tell from the below?

Attachments

• 20230531_171312.jpg
    20230531_171312.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230531_171332.jpg
    20230531_171332.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 0
I finally got the regulator upgrade kits installed. Sadly, this wasn't the issue. You can see in the video that tap #1 needle doesn't move. That needle eventually does move but seriously over-carbonates the beer. So I ordered a new gauge should be here today.

Just got and installed my new keg pressure gauge. The beer is seriously over-carbonated. I think the pressure was probably over 30 PSI when I thought it was 8. How long will it take to degass? I left the air off and opened the tap.

Back