Tap handles...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer

Reaction score
I'm an avid waterfowler. I want to find tap handles that are related to duck/goose hunting. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm even ok with any type of hunting handles. I figure if I'm making home brew, I don't want macrobrewery handles.

I'm an avid waterfowler. I want to find tap handles that are related to duck/goose hunting. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm even ok with any type of hunting handles. I figure if I'm making home brew, I don't want macrobrewery handles.
you can buy inserts to make anything a tap handle when i read this i thought right away thought about a canadian goose decoy head and neck for the handle or a mallard drake head... empty 10 guage shell
see now you got me all excited about tap handles!:tank:

you can buy inserts to make anything a tap handle when i read this i thought right away thought about a canadian goose decoy head and neck for the handle or a mallard drake head... empty 10 guage shell

Those are exactly the 3 things I was looking for!

Check this site out... I just ordered a woodie, a mallard, and a goose. Problem solved. PLUS, they donate 5% of your purchase to a waterfowl charity so I just gave DU some money, too. AND, with the inserts plus the price of the decoy heads, it's WAY less than most custom tap handles. About $10 on average per handle. Tough to beat for hand carved and painted decoy heads.

http://autumnwings.com/store/head_wood.html

I emailed Ed at brewmasterswarehouse.com to see if they had the inserts but haven't heard anything back, yet, since it's 4AM there; but, they do have them at Northern... Here's a link:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/tap-handle-insert.html

Enjoy!

Way to ruin the kegerator with duck handles ****** bag. Im kidding that should work though and now has me thinking if I can make a 50 cal round into a tap handle that would be the nuts my friend.

Way to ruin the kegerator with duck handles ****** bag. Im kidding that should work though and now has me thinking if I can make a 50 cal round into a tap handle that would be the nuts my friend.

I don't see why you couldn't. Those inserts would work on anything as long as you can put a hole in it, at least that's what they claim.

I found them at www.williamsbrewing.com for almost a dollar less per insert. I think I paid $17 total to have 10 of them shipped to AK.

I made a tap handle "tower" out of an old wine keg when I was katering my daughters wedding with home brew. It has three handles. I wanter something distinguished for the handles. I took some old strohs handles removed their insignias and added my own. Best thing that ever happened to strohs, IMO. I even added finials to the top to easily change the what's flowing label.

I made a tap handle "tower" out of an old wine keg when I was katering my daughters wedding with home brew. It has three handles. I wanter something distinguished for the handles. I took some old strohs handles removed their insignias and added my own. Best thing that ever happened to strohs, IMO. I even added finials to the top to easily change the what's flowing label.

How can you post something like this without pictures. :) The wine keg sounds cool.

That's the one downside, I won't be able to change lables on decoy heads. I'm probably going to put a small blackboard on the freezer section of the kegerator like I've seen some others do and just tell what's on tap in which handle.

when you got them on you should post pics it sounds cool

I will. I've got another thread entitled "So I've got these kegs..." that's starting to document the transition from free/nasty craigslist refrigerator into 3 tap refinished kegerator.

These are the decoy heads I bought. As soon as the inserts get here, I'll drill the holes and these bad boys will find a new home on top of some Perlick 525SS's.

Taphandles1.jpg

Taphandles3.jpg

Taphandles2.jpg

Back