Tap handle idea's!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moorerm04

Reaction score
I am trying to get together some creative ideas for putting together home made tap handles. We all have seen, baseball, golfball, grenades, amunition,etc. I want some crazy Idea's...... get your creative juices flowing!

Teromous said:
What are you interests besides homebrewing?

I am a die hard waterfowl hunter, I mean like totally ate up with it. I also play like 150 games of slow pitch softball a year.

Yeah I thought about turning a jumbo duck call on my lathe too. I am also looking for off the wall humorous ideas!

Use one of the clear handles used for barley, like the rogue handles, and fill it with buckshot

I think I'm gonna do a torpedo can. Drill a small hole in the bottom fill half way with spray foam and see how it works.

Bernie Brewer said:
Now there is an idea. I have a duck call that was my dad's. I don't hunt ducks, just pheasant and deer, so the thing has been sitting in a box for prolly 30 years. I should make a handle out of it.

Before you do that see what kind it is.... There are older models of duck calls that can be worth thousands of dollars. I collect them and if it's an old PS OLT it could bring big money.

I really want to make tap handles from some random manual gear shift knobs, but I can't come up with a good way to mount them.

I picked up a couple 36" long 1" oak dowels today at home depot.... I think I am going to work on a few things this week. I will post pictures as I get them done

moorerm04 said:
I am a die hard waterfowl hunter, I mean totally ate up with it.

What about mounting a decoy wood duck or small duck decoy with spinning Mojo wings. I have a Dove decoy I use that has wings that move in the wind like a Mojo but not battery powered. If you have some bands from some ducks you've taken, you can mount them on a dowel.

Rugrad02 said:
What about mounting a decoy wood duck or small duck decoy with spinning Mojo wings. I have a Dove decoy I use that has wings that move in the wind like a Mojo but not battery powered. If you have some bands from some ducks you've taken, you can mount them on a dowel.

The bands are a great idea. My hunting partner and I kill 80-90 geese a year I have more goose bands than I can fit on my lanyard.

Latest posts

Back