Tap Displays: Raspberry Pints, TapList.io, etc.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyRydr

BeachMonkey.Beer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What's your favorite digital tap list?
What have you tried and didn't like?

I've got an extra monitor w/ Raspberry Pi and want to setup a tap display on my kegerator. I tried Taplist.io and it works fine (example below), but the layout options are very basic and lacks any integration with my batch tracker in Brewfather or flow controllers for volume.

I'm looking for options...

taplist.jpg

@day_trippr: I agree that Raspberry Pints looks great. In fact, I tried to install it first.

However, on my rPi I have the TiltPi image, and the package manager source files were blocking the installation of PhP5 and Apache2. in order to get something up quickly, I found Taplist.io and set it up as a temporary measure.

The one thing I do like is the way Taplist.io manages remote displays so easily.

That's why I'm re-evaluating my options:
  1. Just use Taplist.io as is
  2. Donate some code work to Taplist.io to expand their UI
  3. Mess around with my rPi to get Raspberry Pints working
  4. find other solutions...
Cheers!

I believe the canned TiltPi bootable image was based on Raspbian Stretch which dropped mysql for MariaDB so none of the required package pointers for Mysql will be native, they'd have to be manually added to the repository list and then manually installed.

But, TiltPi is also available as an installable package atop Stretch, and the installer script for the @RandR+ fork of RaspberryPints has been used by quite a few folks atop Stretch as well. So there's a viable path available...

Cheers!

For the life of me I can't get Raspberry Pints to install correctly. Raspberry Pi 4,4gb mem on a 16gb SD. fresh NOOBS image, I follow the instructions on the raspberrypints site, and it can't install LAMP stack at all. No problem, I'll do that a different way. Finish running through all the steps, no errors, aaand no splash page on the web address to do anything with. Why isn't there just a bundled image or a script that can run all this for me lol

Ah, well, about that: unless you started with Wheezy or Jessie, you cannot follow the guidance provided by the original version as found on raspberrypints.com. The move to Stretch also removed support for the version of PHP that the original code was based on, requiring an evident crapton of work to rewrite it for compatibility with the relevant package versions that those Raspbian releases contained.

The good news is, a simple command line should do what you need. If you go to this thread
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...spberrypints-digital-taplist-solution.487694/
and work backwards a little bit you will find the magical incantation:

Code:
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash

The installer will prompt for which version (Tobor_8thman or RandR+) you wish to install.

I recommend any continued discussion on the topic occur within that thread which maximizes your chance of getting help when needed...

Cheers!

Dude... you're awesome. THANK YOU! I owe you a beer or 2 for the help. Cheers!

Back