Tap covers/plugs for Perlick faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnobg

Reaction score
Can someone recommend something that fits and stays on the faucet? I was looking on Amazon and a lot of people with Perlick faucets complained about nothing fitting or falling out. I have Perlick 525.

I've been using a half-dozen of a generic version of this on my 525SS faucets since I built my first keezer years ago.
21089-tap-soother-b1_1.jpg

Wouldn't keg without them...

Cheers!

Can someone recommend something that fits and stays on the faucet? I was looking on Amazon and a lot of people with Perlick faucets complained about nothing fitting or falling out. I have Perlick 525.

I used to use those blue brush plugs, but they tend to rust over time. I use the black plugs.

216K%2BeG1DvL.jpg

I have the Perlick 425s, so I don't know how different they would be on the 525. What I do is dunk them in Starsan, then pinch and slide them up the spout. They stay on better that way.

I used to use those blue brush plugs, but they tend to rust over time. I use the black plugs.

216K%2BeG1DvL.jpg

I have the Perlick 425s, so I don't know how different they would be on the 525. What I do is dunk them in Starsan, then pinch and slide them up the spout. They stay on better that way.

I bought the blue brush plugs too and although they do work and mine never showed any rust, when I used them they would start to smell funky in short order. That may be because my keezer is outside in my garage and I live in a hot climate. I bought the tap covers and they've worked great as an alternative. I have four perlick 575 faucets fwiw.

Had these on my 525's with no issues, they do fall of my 630's now and it's a bit frustrating. Now I need to buy the internal plug style.

I bet you could use "finger cots" like they'd use in hospitals and stuff. Sterile, disposable, would fit a wide range of sizes.

same black covers everyone else uses. Pinch the ends to squeeze some air out, shove onto faucet, and walk away. Perlick 630SS here.

I would not keg without them!

I have the black ones as well. I spray some star sans in them to fill them up to the half way point (approximately) and slip them on. Is this a bad idea ?

As long as the PA in the Star San doesn't react with the rubber I don't think it's a bad idea at all - though visitors would need to be warned ;)

Cheers!

To update for others wondering in the future, these worked great on my 525's. I just upgraded to 630SS and they work fine with those too. Just have to push them further up the tap.

To update for others wondering in the future, these worked great on my 525's. I just upgraded to 630SS and they work fine with those too. Just have to push them further up the tap.

My kegerator is in storage at the moment so I will have to try again with the pinch method. I have both 525ss and 630ss. I continually went into the room to find the black ones on the floor. I gave up on them.

Latest posts

Back